An Old School Catholic Message Board

Choir

blacksheep

A strange thing happened the other day when I went to mass. I was asked to join choir. By chance I happened to sit behind the choir director and she was really impressed with my voice and asked me to join. I said I would think about it...and my siblings just teased me throughout the rest of the mass. Of course it was the mass with the message of finding god's calling. Now I'm very introverted and havn't sung in a choir since I went to catholic school in 8th grade. I've been told by several parishoners that they like my voice and I really don't mind singing. Being a guy though it's not all too masculine when you try to hit those high notes. I don't know, maybe I'm just nervous. I'll pray about it today in adoration.

Archaeology cat

Definitely go for it! My husband joked that he made the mistake of getting to Mass early a few weeks ago, and he was then asked to join the choir. :)

Vincent Vega

I don't know how old or what vocal range you are, but I doubt they'd ask you to hit terribly high notes for one thing, and for another, there is nothing not-masculine about being able to sing high.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1339443925' post='2443571']
there is nothing not-masculine about being able to sing high.
[/quote]
[img]http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/JustinBieber01PA230211.jpg[/img]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1339443925' post='2443571']
I don't know how old or what vocal range you are, but I doubt they'd ask you to hit terribly high notes for one thing, and for another, there is nothing not-masculine about being able to sing high.
[/quote]
Agreed. Sometimes it is pure amesome.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ[/media]

AveMariaPurissima

Go for it! This was my first year being in the adult choir at church and I had so much fun!

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1339446983' post='2443602']
[img]http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/JustinBieber01PA230211.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
c[size=1][size=1][size=4]o[/size][/size]ol story bro[/size]

Archaeology cat

[quote name='bernadette d' timestamp='1339441354' post='2443553']
Did he join?
[/quote]If that was directed to me, yes, he did. He sings at a different Mass than we normally attend so he an help me with the kids.

bernadette d

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1339458255' post='2443651']
If that was directed to me, yes, he did. He sings at a different Mass than we normally attend so he an help me with the kids.
[/quote]

That was what I was wondering...........how you would manage without him, clearly you are all organised!

bernadette d

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1339458255' post='2443651']
If that was directed to me, yes, he did. He sings at a different Mass than we normally attend so he an help me with the kids.
[/quote]

duplicated, sorry

Edited by bernadette d

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

hit the high notes with a flat, lol. Put a bit of twang in tha gang :viking: , and have fun with it, without being too comical :jester: rep your phatmass :pm: homies and B-Girls with the best voice you can, if you give your best you can not fail because it is YOUR best effort even if some days your runny @ 50 percent give 100 percent of that 50 percent :)

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye