An Old School Catholic Message Board

Choir

blacksheep

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1339443925' post='2443571']
I don't know how old or what vocal range you are, but I doubt they'd ask you to hit terribly high notes for one thing, and for another, there is nothing not-masculine about being able to sing high.
[/quote]

Yes as we can see by your avatar :lol2: that dudes like hitting the highest note ever :)

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339447885' post='2443607']
Agreed. Sometimes it is pure amesome.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ[/media]
[/quote]

That may be amesome, but I don't see how it's particularly masculine (which you implied that it was by agreeing with USAirways' comment).

idk..there are just some songs in church that require a higher pitch. I know my voice tends to crack when I try to reach it...still dicerning...

This is the first time in my life since I was 8 years old that I haven't been in the choir and I miss it. Our choir got taken over by a couple of weirdos one of which plays the electric clarinet. Most of the old members have quit.

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1339508050' post='2443874']
This is the first time in my life since I was 8 years old that I haven't been in the choir and I miss it. Our choir got taken over by a couple of weirdos one of which plays the electric clarinet. Most of the old members have quit.
[/quote]
an electric clarinet?? that is strange

Vincent Vega

[quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1339506808' post='2443867']
idk..there are just some songs in church that require a higher pitch. I know my voice tends to crack when I try to reach it...still dicerning...
[/quote]
Nobody was ever defenestrated for taking it down an octave. ;)

Okay, well no [i]amateur [/i]was ever defenestrated for taking it down an octave...

• 2 weeks later...
maximillion

Well?.............

TELL.
You can't just leave it at that.

Did the roof fall in?
Someone fainted cos your voice is so avvesome?

What happened to put you off?

Archaeology cat

[quote name='bernadette d' timestamp='1339485093' post='2443811']

That was what I was wondering...........how you would manage without him, clearly you are all organised!
[/quote]Ineed all the help I can get with my growing bump! :lol:

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1340220901' post='2446793']
Well?.............

TELL.
You can't just leave it at that.

Did the roof fall in?
Someone fainted cos your voice is so avvesome?

What happened to put you off?
[/quote]

lol no the roof didn't come in and no one fainted cause i was amesome. Idk it was fine i guess. just felt weird being in front of everyone. kinda wish the chior stayed in the balcony in the back. lol my voice did crack once but luckily the ladies singing covered it up. and lucky enough I recognized the songs and melodies so I wasn't going in blindfolded. was ok.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

well done, and as far as i'm aware there are varieties of singers, bass, tenor, alto , soprano etc etc. not everyone can hit the high notes in the sopranos pitch but can hit the high notes in the alto pitch or soprano or bass, etc etc.

inunionwithrome

If you feel that God is calling you to this ministry, and the choir director/tress is sincere, then I say join. God loves how we sing. He already knows since he gave us the voices we have! (I tell my kids this when we have Class Mass) And, we definately need males to help balance out the ladies!