An Old School Catholic Message Board

Iammybeloveds Has Entered!

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Well, there is only 8 days until IamMyBeloved's is re-invested in the Carmelite habit!!! :woot:

We must keep praying for her! I just wrote her a note tonight and told her how much I miss her. I can't believe she has been there over a week now.

OnlySunshine

Wow! This week has flown!

[size=6]Just 3 more days! [/size]

She'll be clothed in the holy habit of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on Sunday, July 1st. Please keep Sr. Mary Elizabeth in your prayers on Sunday! :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340951834' post='2450313']
Thank you MM! That is so exciting, and I'm so glad you are relaying the info to us!
[/quote]

I just wish I could be there to witness her investiture. She and another novice who was also there previously, Sr. M. Raphael Therese, will be novitiate buddies. :)

What a name! That's great she'll have a 'novitiate buddy' lol. It must be nice to have someone who is also returning so you can bond through relatability-but I have never been a religious, so that is just a guess.

I'm sorry you can't make it to her clothing. Hopefully they'll make a beautiful YouTube video of her investiture!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340960461' post='2450322']
What a name! That's great she'll have a 'novitiate buddy' lol. It must be nice to have someone who is also returning so you can bond through relatability-but I have never been a religious, so that is just a guess.

I'm sorry you can't make it to her clothing. Hopefully they'll make a beautiful YouTube video of her investiture!
[/quote]

Well, even if I was able to physically be in the convent, I still wouldn't be able to witness her clothing because this community does it privately. It is done in the Sisters' cloister area. The public doesn't see the novices until the day after, on July 2nd, when the community celebrates vows. This year, the Provincial Superior, Sr. Mary Joseph, is renewing her vows after 25 years in the order! She's been through so much and yet remained so strong. She had cancer which required radiation and chemotherapy, but she never gave up. :)

I don't think they will be able to make a YouTube video because my friend was the one to make them before she left. :hehe2: They don't use internet access much at all except to update their website or for the Vocation Director to respond to emails.

Also, the other soon-to-be novice and my friend entered a year apart the first time so they know each other. I met them both when I attended a vocation retreat in August 2008. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1340981577' post='2450390']
Well, even if I was able to physically be in the convent, I still wouldn't be able to witness her clothing because this community does it privately. It is done in the Sisters' cloister area. The public doesn't see the novices until the day after, on July 2nd, when the community celebrates vows. This year, the Provincial Superior, Sr. Mary Joseph, is renewing her vows after 25 years in the order! She's been through so much and yet remained so strong. She had cancer which required radiation and chemotherapy, but she never gave up. :)

I don't think they will be able to make a YouTube video because my friend was the one to make them before she left. :hehe2: They don't use internet access much at all except to update their website or for the Vocation Director to respond to emails.

Also, the other soon-to-be novice and my friend entered a year apart the first time so they know each other. I met them both when I attended a vocation retreat in August 2008. :)
[/quote]

Oh-I was thinking she was with the these sisters: [url="http://www.carmelitedcj.org/"]http://www.carmelitedcj.org/[/url]

Whoops!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1340998836' post='2450466']
Oh-I was thinking she was with the these sisters: [url="http://www.carmelitedcj.org/"]http://www.carmelitedcj.org/[/url]

Whoops!
[/quote]

She is. They do their investiture ceremony just like the cloistered Carmels do. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1341003940' post='2450528']
I am so happy for her! :) Will you be hearing from her at all MM?
[/quote]

Probably not. She is only able to write 1 friend a month and she will be busy studying for her 1st year of novitiate. It will be a time of separation from the world to better conform herself in religious life in preparation for the vows. :)

I'm going to send her a card tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I hear anything. Her family may post on her Facebook about it in a few days.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1341003579' post='2450521']
She is. They do their investiture ceremony just like the cloistered Carmels do. :)
[/quote]

Wow-you learn something new every day. That is really beautiful about the private ceremony. :love:
I bet she will be happy to have the habit of Carmel back on once again!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1341029455' post='2450691']
Wow-you learn something new every day. That is really beautiful about the private ceremony. :love:
I bet she will be happy to have the habit of Carmel back on once again!
[/quote]

Oh, I am sure she will! I remember looking at the picture of the first time she was invested. She looked so calm and peaceful. The ceremony is really beautiful and she is so excited to go through it again! :)

MM: Is the picture online? Not to sound creepy, lol! :P Her profile picture did not show a face, so I am curious-although I can't say anything about people's pictures not showing their faces because mine isn't even me!