An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Going On A Live-in!

EmilyAnn

:woot:

My live-in has finally been confirmed!!! I'm going to be at St. Cecilia's for two and a half weeks. And the day I start my live-in is . . . *drum roll* . . . THE SOLEMNITY OF ST. BENEDICT!!! How amesome is that? Seriously, I don't think it could be a better day. I'm going to try make it for Mass at 10 and then go in after Mass.

I haven't told my mother yet. I didn't want to say anything until it was fully confirmed so now I actually have to tell her but I'm freaking out.

18 days!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Carmelshrimp

Congratulations. Hope it's all you need it to be. As for your mum - we all have to let our children grow up (and sometimes away) eventually. Keep calm, keep loving but keep your resolve too. God will get you through and St Cecilia's is waiting.

InPersonaChriste

YES! Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful time with the nuns! I actually told my mom that if I was to go anywhere else in the family of St. Benedict it would be Saint Cecilia's!

Congratulations............I hope that you have a wonderful stay at St Cecilia's .Prayers that your will support you.
God bless

I'm just finalising the time of my arrival with Sister and I need to check with her what I should bring with me other than the obvious clothes and toiletries, just to be sure. I also need to ask if they're okay with me veiling in the church, I don't want to be presumptuous.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

As soon as I saw the thread title, my brain started humming to itself: "We're going on a bear hunt..."

Many prayers for you. May your live-in be enlightening, prayerful, and blessedly free of bears.

Strictlyinkblot

Wonderful! :yahoo: We'll be on retreat at the same time, more or less. Mine is a week after yours starts.