An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Going On A Live-in!

EmilyAnn

Congrats on the live-in! And prayers as you tell your mom. I hope this visit is enlightening and brings you closer to the Lord. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1341294002' post='2451845']
About a week left, right? How exciting!
[/quote]

Yup. 1 week and 1 day. I am so excited.

But I still haven't told my mother yet.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1341309338' post='2451878']
But I still haven't told my mother yet.
[/quote]

:pinch: Prayers!

I've tried to avoid telling her because I'm away at the moment and kind of want to do it face to face. Plus I was hoping that by waiting until a little closer to the time I'd avoid the long period of drama that will undoubtably follow.

Strictlyinkblot

Don't put it off too long. The longer you wait the harder it'll get. You could say you're going on retreat, that's not a lie, just not the entire truth. I know its hard. Could you tell her in a public place to limit the amount of drama?

I know that this must be very difficult for you and trust that you will be given the strength to help you at this time. Many prayers for you.

I'm going home in a couple of days so hopefully I will speak to her then. It sounds awful but I almost want to do it from here so that I can be separated from it. Normally I'd just stay here until the live-in but I need clothes that are at home and I promised to be at a birthday celebration for a family friend a few days before.

Any prayers would be very much appreciated.

I know what you mean EmilyAnn-praying for you. Sometimes it feels like it would be so easy to be an orphan when discerning/entering religious life...try to remember that any grief/shock/anger/anything your mom feels that might trouble you, she feels out of love for you. Maybe tell her right when you arrive, since she'll be super happy to see you then, or right before you go, as she may not want y'all to separate with the bad taste of a fight/argument in your mouth.

God bless! :)

On a more positive note . . . 5 days until I go in!

But I'm hoping to tell her not too long before I come back to my university town. I know that sounds really cowardly but I just can't deal with being around her when she gets angry at me. It's like I've disgraced her when she gets like that, it's awful. I'd much rather be in my own house.