An Old School Catholic Message Board

Consecration To Mary

Safia

[quote name='Safia' timestamp='1340557017' post='2448314']
For anyone interested, I stumbled upon this:
http://store.saintbenedict.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=80&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

It's beautiful!
[/quote]

I bought this for my consecration next week. Beautiful and very good quality. Love that it comes from religious too!

This homily by a FI priest on the importance of consecration really hit home as well.

http://airmaria.com/2012/06/09/video-a-day-with-mary-35-one-of-the-most-important-messages-youll-ever-hear/

Mary's Margaret

Another beautiful consecration: In the End My Immaculate Heart will Triumph from Queenship Publishing can be found here [url="http://www.queenship.org/productdetails.cfm?PC=5543"]http://www.queenship.org/productdetails.cfm?PC=5543[/url]

Almost our whole parish made this consecration together a few years ago and it greatly affected us individually and as a parish family. It contains a very lovely and powerful Chaplet of Virtues which I believe has continued to transform me as I have kept to its practice.

God bless us all on our journey to holiness.

To Jesus Through Mary

I did the Total Consecration. Best decision I ever made. When I first read True Devotion I was not ready. I was a convert and had linger 'issues' with our Blessed Mother. She is the truest mother you can ever hope for. She will not only lead us to our vocation, she is the surest path to heaven. No one knows Jesus better then her!! I love the illustration St Louis De Montfort gives. A poor beggar wants to give the royal king an apple. So we go to his mother, who is so full of compassion. She shines the apple and puts it on a silver platter and presents it to her son. The son would never deny a gift from his mother. So much of the time our "good works" are filled with self love and the desire for vain-glory. As least I have found it very very difficult to find purity of intention. Well she takes that, and Jesus see my gift as if it comes from her!! The most purest of creatures!!

Give your heart to Mary and she will give you the heart of her Son.

• 3 weeks later...
Kayte Postle

For those of you thinking about doing the Consecration to Mary the next start day is tomorrow, Friday July 13th!

carmenchristi

I made the consecration when I was a postulant, but I didn't really have any preparation. Since then, a lot has happened in my life and I've felt a lot of aversion toward devotions and such, but I know that the Blessed Mother is quietly in the background, knowing that at this time in my life just because I'm concentrating on other parts of my spirituality and I don't gravitate toward her, doesn't mean that I've pushed her aside. Someday I'll start to say the rosary again, but until then I know she still intercedes for me.

Gemma_Kateri

The Holy Spirit has recently been convincing me of the Mary's importance for our spiritual growth. She is absolutely necessary for us to be completely conformed to Christ, and the best way to reach Him is through Mary. I was consecrated this past annunciation and although I didn't notice any major changes in my life immediately, I know that it was important for my spiritual growth. It was one of those things God asks you to do and you're not quite sure why at the time.

DaughterOfMary

I did the Consecration on the Annunciation this year. It really has changed my life for the better and is kind of like a great extra grace for yourself.
I feel more protected by Mary now and am a lot more closer to her and God and recently St Joseph too :)