MissyP89 Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 OK, ladies, talk to me. I have one question only. WHY? Why wear heels? Seriously. I want to know. Go.
Spem in alium Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 I'm just over 5ft tall. A few people have asked why I don't wear heels to give me more height. I'm super fine with being short, but I rarely wear heels because I can't walk in them properly. Instead of walking like a normal person, I just lurch around, grab on to people and pray desperately that I won't fall over. Such a klutz! I'm fine if I'm wearing boots with a little heel, but high heels are a whole new level of danger. So I'm also one of the people who wants to know "why". Why subject yourself to such risk (and, of course, foot pain)?
Lil Red Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1340499702' post='2448097'] OK, ladies, talk to me. I have one question only. WHY? Why wear heels? Seriously. I want to know. Go. [/quote] because my already sexy legs look even sexier. plus, who can resist a great pair of red heels?
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 I don't usually, as the only "heels" I have are... what? 2 1/2 inches? Maybe? And when I wear those it's because my outfit look better if I'm that little bit taller... But that's a lame excuse. I don't know, honestly.
Lil Red Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1340500309' post='2448109'] I'm just over 5ft tall. A few people have asked why I don't wear heels to give me more height. I'm super fine with being short, but I rarely wear heels because I can't walk in them properly. Instead of walking like a normal person, I just lurch around, grab on to people and pray desperately that I won't fall over. Such a klutz! I'm fine if I'm wearing boots with a little heel, but high heels are a whole new level of danger. So I'm also one of the people who wants to know "why". Why subject yourself to such risk (and, of course, foot pain)? [/quote] it's called "practice".i was rockin' 4" heels when I was pregnant.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 It's good for toning your lower body. I use to wear heels a lot, but I generally avoid them now because I'm already close to 5'8 and don't really care to be any taller.
Lil Red Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1340502652' post='2448127'] It's good for toning your lower body. I use to wear heels a lot, but I generally avoid them now because I'm already close to 5'8 and don't really care to be any taller. [/quote] oh, but i bet you look amazing in them. okay, that sounds way creepier than i meant it to be.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1340502779' post='2448128'] oh, but i bet you look amazing in them. okay, that sounds way creepier than i meant it to be. [/quote] probably not "amazing"...
Lil Red Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1340502979' post='2448130'] probably not "amazing"... [/quote] i think tall girls can rock heels pretty dang well.
the171 Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 I wore heels to my brother's wedding. Yeah, I was super hot and super modest at the same time. Totes possible, ladies.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 *sigh* I need more props to hand out... I'm fairly careful with them, but there are just never enough.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1340503230' post='2448134'] I am maybe 5'3'' [/quote] YOU'RE SHORTER THAN ME??????
mysisterisalittlesister Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 I am 5'6'' with a year to grow. I have no need for heels.
the171 Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1340503530' post='2448139'] YOU'RE SHORTER THAN ME?????? [/quote] This does not surprise me.Oh girl, I ain't growing no more. I'll be a short, little, hotty woman all my life. xD
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1340503608' post='2448141'] I am 5'6'' with a year to grow. I have no need for heels. [/quote] YOU'RE TALLER THAN ME??? Oh this is fun now...
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1340503651' post='2448142'] This does not surprise me. Oh girl, I ain't growing no more. I'll be a short, little, hotty woman all my life. xD [/quote] Ya little short nun. Sr. Ana is like 2'4", okay not really... but she's short. I am a nice average height, and as far as we are aware, I am not growing anymore. Sadness. Well, we don't know that, but the odds are not in my favor...
Strictlyinkblot Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 I'm average height 5ft 5 but I've got short legs and very wide very small feet. So, if I wear skirts I have to wear at least a little heel or I look dreadful. I like heels in theory but I can only take so much pain.
Annie12 Posted June 24, 2012 Posted June 24, 2012 So, I just like getting dressed up and I have to admit that for my graduation I wore a pair of 6 inch heels. They were silver! I can see why people don't like to wear heels though. I have foot issues, so heels actually help me reduce foot pain ironically! Most of the time i wear flats. So, I can understand everyone's reasoning. For me, it's just fun to wear heels too! lol!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now