Lil Red Posted July 9, 2012 Posted July 9, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1341864870' post='2454047'] I think one awesome thing about Phatmass is that the name isn't overly Catholic, so it grabs attention and could bring in people who wouldn't normally look at Catholic sites. [/quote] incorporate the 1flesh slogan, with a phatmass twist? "Bring Sexy Back - www.phatmass.com" i dunno, just thinking aloud. sure dUSt could think up something better.
CatherineM Posted July 9, 2012 Author Posted July 9, 2012 Some places with those electric billboards will do non-profits for free on their "rolls.".
BigJon16 Posted July 10, 2012 Posted July 10, 2012 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1341801864' post='2453754'] you going to DCYC this weekend BigJon? if so wave at me. i'll be the 42 yr old over weight dude acting like i'm 17 [/quote] No.. My youth group is too poor and too lazy to try and raise any money for any youth conferences other than Steubenville.
Cherie Posted July 12, 2012 Posted July 12, 2012 Seriously ... what would we all do without Phatmass? I know I haven't been active lately (two young kids will do that to you!) but Phatmass has been a wonderful resource for me. Things are tight for us, but we managed to offer a small donation. I'd encourage all of you, if you haven't donated yet, please consider giving something. It is so worth it to help keep dUSt--and Phatmass--do the wonderful work it does!
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 12, 2012 Posted July 12, 2012 We get paid tomorrow. I've been keeping an eye on the donation ticker. Just biding my time (we just got back from a road trip to see family, and you know that's never especially cheap).
CatherineM Posted July 13, 2012 Author Posted July 13, 2012 As long as we are all thinking about it helps.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 Got paid a day earlier than expected. I did my part.
emmaberry Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 Done! Bought the St Francis shirt-one for me, one for a [s]friend[/s] St. Francis enthusiast and future Franciscan hopeful. Now on to find that bus stop..
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 For those who may have missed it, Dust is trying to accumulate donations so he can build up his stock of shirts to sell at DCYC. The donate button is on the phorum homepage right above the status update list. He still needs to raise $110.[i][b] DONATE. [/b][/i]
franciscanheart Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 [quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1341713803' post='2453296'] Phatmass cards on bulletin boards outside AA or NA groups. [/quote]
CatherineM Posted July 13, 2012 Author Posted July 13, 2012 Every person who uses chat tonight should give $5. That's cheaper than a movie ticket.
ardillacid Posted July 15, 2012 Posted July 15, 2012 I've offered to donate if dUSt gives us coagulated milk back :coagulated milk:
ardillacid Posted July 15, 2012 Posted July 15, 2012 I've offered to donate if dUSt gives us coagulated milk back :coagulated milk:
arfink Posted July 15, 2012 Posted July 15, 2012 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1342210332' post='2455407'] come on arfink..... [/quote] You got the files dood. Get on it!
arfink Posted July 15, 2012 Posted July 15, 2012 OH yes, and I also sent some monies. It's not much, but I'm kinda tied down right now. :/ I have some more valuable treasure coming down the pipe for Phatmass' coffers.
CatherineM Posted July 15, 2012 Author Posted July 15, 2012 The reason I suggested advertising Phatmass at AA and NA is that those programs work best when people accept that there is a God and we need his help. They are also at their lowest point. I can't think of a better time in someone's life to reach out with the truth and a community of believers.
ardillacid Posted July 15, 2012 Posted July 15, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1342208742' post='2455392'] For those who may have missed it, Dust is trying to accumulate donations so he can build up his stock of shirts to sell at DCYC. The donate button is on the phorum homepage right above the status update list. He still needs to raise $110.[i][b] DONATE. [/b][/i] [/quote] [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1342314223' post='2455708'] I've offered to donate if dUSt gives us coagulated milk back :coagulated milk: [/quote] :coagulated milk: Looks like dUSt doesn't want to go that badly
CatherineM Posted July 16, 2012 Author Posted July 16, 2012 Offer to write an article about online catholic social media for your local catholic newspaper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now