An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dicernment Update

Annie12

Well... I only know you from your posts... but I would say that since your feeling called to religious life included a fear of marriage - or at least childbirth (even though it wasn't the prime motive) that it really makes sense for you to get comfy in your own skin now that your emotions are more sorted out. Don't count so much on "feeling" called either way. Feelings are so unreliable. Just enjoy being you. If God puts a wonderful guy in your life and you'd like to date him - date him. If you are attracted to another religious order - visit them. Just be open to the [u]now[/u] that God has in front of you. He's not going to let you "miss the boat" if your heart is set on loving Him - which by your posts it seems to me that it most certainly is.

That and I really think you would enjoy and benefit from spiritual direction. Ever think of asking your parish priest? :)

I have tried to get spiritual direction but it didn't work out. But, I have actually regained my happiness since realzing God may be leading me to marriage! I will take it one step at a time and live in Christ in each moment! What ever he has in store for me will be beautiful!!!!!! I just know it!!!!! ♥ I really appreciate everyone's advice!!!!!! You are in my prayers! God bless you!!

BarbTherese

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1342907921' post='2457643']
I have tried to get spiritual direction but it didn't work out. But, I have actually regained my happiness since realzing God may be leading me to marriage! I will take it one step at a time and live in Christ in each moment! What ever he has in store for me will be beautiful!!!!!! I just know it!!!!! ♥ I really appreciate everyone's advice!!!!!! You are in my prayers! God bless you!!
[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers for us, Annie, and you will remain in mine. Really good to see that you have moved into a more positive frame of mind :) I wanted just to make one more comment. If I had a penny for every priest I have approached for spiritual direction, I would have quite a few pennies indeed. They simply did not work out for one reason or another. Keep on looking without stressing.

So, in Mass today I was praying that God would help me to figure out what he wants of me right now because I have been feeling weird about taking a beak from discernment but it was so funny! Today's sermon was all about taking a rest! It fit what I was going through so well! I feel like God really [i]does [/i]want me to take a break for a bit! Ha ha! God is great!

The funny thing about faith is that you don't understand [i]it[/i] until you don't understand life. Being blind per say to where God is leading me makes me rely on him to a higher degree than ever. I am blind and he is my braille (does that make sense?). Where ever he is leading me will be amazing!

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1342995604' post='2457917']
I am blind and he is my braille[/quote]

That's really beautiful. If I were still writing songs, I'd ask permission to use that, but alas! I don't write lyrics or poetry much at all anymore..since seriously discerning, actually.

it's sorta like a quote by MLK Jr.

[quote]
[left]"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." Martin Luther King Jr.[/left]
[/quote]

I just came up with it because to other thing I was gonna say was way too confusing! LOL! :saint2: :hehe2: :saint2:

Edit: you should make a song out of that! it would be so razzle dazzle!

Edited by Annie12