4588686 Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1343273906' post='2458940'] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmoTOujJ7Q&sns=fb[/media] [/quote] The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights.
4588686 Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Amory' timestamp='1343275578' post='2458946'] Is gay "marriage" really that important to you? [/quote] Yep
Luigi Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343277910' post='2458965'] The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights. [/quote] No, the problem is that gay activists are trying to dictate what everyone in the country is supposed to think. When they find an entity large enough to draw publicity, they try to manipulate the public into boycotting that entity - to show the smaller entities what will happen to them if they don't fall into step the gay-dictated agenda. It reminds me Invasion of the Body Snatchers - when a body-snatched person sees some who has been body-snatched, they point and howl. It's really the same thing that Planned Parenthood did to the Suzanne Komen Foundation last year. Gay activists should simply buy the fast food they prefer as Marie-Therese recommends, and try to achieve their political goals through standard political action.
4588686 Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1343279162' post='2458971'] No, the problem is that gay activists are trying to dictate what everyone in the country is supposed to think. [/QUOTE] Ok. so all the calls I see for boycotting companies that support abortion here are the attempts of the Catholics Church to dictate how people think? Now let's see all the ways that you backtrack on your initial claim to make exceptions for the calls for boycotts by Church officials and Catholic activists. [QUOTE] When they find an entity large enough to draw publicity, they try to manipulate the public into boycotting that entity - to show the smaller entities what will happen to them if they don't fall into step the gay-dictated agenda. It reminds me Invasion of the Body Snatchers - when a body-snatched person sees some who has been body-snatched, they point and howl. [/QUOTE] So for you actively funding organizations that oppose gay rights is the same as merely no falling into line with the gay agenda? sorry, you're full off it, at this point in time, which is too bad because I usually respect your opinion. I always assumed that a CEO who wanted his company to honor the Sabbath probably wasn't out waving a rainbow flag on the weekends. And I didn;t care. But am I going to provide Chick-fil-a with profit the use to combat gay rights? No. [QUOTE] It's really the same thing that Planned Parenthood did to the Suzanne Komen Foundation last year. [/QUOTE] Yeah, and it's kind of what your Church does with movies like The Golden Compass. [QUOTE] Gay activists should simply buy the fast food they prefer as Marie-Therese recommends, and try to achieve their political goals through standard political action. [/quote] Economic boycotts are standard political action.
PhuturePriest Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 Chic-Fil-A is obviously Christian because their food tastes like it is prepared by Angels from Heaven. Anyone who says they aren't welcome (Like the mayor of Boston) should be thrown in Kansas and be doomed to eating disgusting beef the rest of their lives. Summary of my post: Beef is terrible (And I mean that), chicken is amesome, and Chic-Fil-A is a gift from Baby Jesus.
Lilllabettt Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 winner winner chicken dinner. I'll eat yours Hasan even though you're a growing boy.
Jesus_lol Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343280973' post='2458976'] Beef is terrible (And I mean that) [/quote] [img]http://thebza.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/american-psycho.jpg?w=460&h=300[/img]
4588686 Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1343281979' post='2458980'] winner winner chicken dinner. I'll eat yours Hasan even though you're a growing boy. [/quote] I'm not a boy, I'm a man. I'm a big, strong man!
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1343258956' post='2458865'] It's supper messy and people are being really uncharitable towards each other. I don't know what to think... This kinda stuff makes be sad. [/quote] Gay rites ? unfortunately they don't seem to understand Chick-fil-a has rites too, it's not like chick-fil-a are segregating and refusing homo sexuals access to there restaurants. Like if i prefer soccer to n.f.l. or even prefer table tennis to either of them i'm well within my rites to voice that yes.?
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 (edited) I heard some priests in south east asia are marrying animals together. And i don't like it and i don't believe it is right ao im gonna say it and i'm going to back anyone in the church that is against these priests marrying animals together, and no the word animal is not code for homosexual i'm talking real livestock and pets. Like i can handle blessing pets and livestock and crops etc but not marrying them. Same as a habitual masterbator i can handle going to holy mass but would prefer them to goto confession before recieving the holy eucharist and if not confessed to go up for a blessing or sitting tight and recieving whatever blessing from just attending holy mass. But than st paul does say those whom recieve in a state of mortal sin will suffer but only that GOD may avoid them eternal condemnation, words to that effect anyhow. Edited July 26, 2012 by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye
fides' Jack Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343271386' post='2458921'] Chick-fil-a is amazingly delicious. But I'm not giving them any more money. [/quote] Haha - if I didn't know you weren't serious, this wouldn't be funny.
Winchester Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343277910' post='2458965'] The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights. [/quote] There are special rights for gays?
Jaime Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343277910' post='2458965'] The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights. [/quote] This is a privately owned company. Which means the family that owns the company can use the profits any way they see fit. This isn't publicly traded or supported by taxes. Here is the list of "anti-gay" organizations funded by the family that owns Chick a Fila[list] [*]Marriage & Family Foundation: $1,188,380 [*]Fellowship Of Christian Athletes: $480,000 [*]National Christian Foundation: $247,500 [*]New Mexico Christian Foundation: $54,000 [*]Exodus International: $1,000 [*]Family Research Council: $1,000 [*]Georgia Family Council: $2,500 [/list] A cursory view of the organizations seems to show that they are as anti-gay as the Catholic Church, Evangelical Free Church, the Mormon Church, as well as the muslim faith. All of these should be banned by the Muppets and the mayors of Boston and Chicago should drive these institutions out of their towns. (Good luck Mayor Menino when you endeavor to chase out all the Catholic churches out of Beantown) Now if someone could show me a truly anti-gay stance by any of these organizations supported by the Chick a Fila company, I'd be happy to protest them as well. However they all seem to advocate for promoting stronger families and marriage.
Lil Red Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 i have no problem with citizens organizing a boycott of a company that they don't like policies of, or what they do with their own darn money. I do have a problem with mayors of cities attempting to block businesses coming into their cities [b]based on[/b] what private companies do with their own darn money. hasan is right - boycotts are a part of political action nowadays.
add Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFjoC_luno&feature=share[/media]
Hubertus Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 I'm not sure why more liberals aren't appalled by this. Imagine if a conservative mayor had said, "I won't allow Starbucks to set up shop here because of their position on gay marriage." Either situation is obviously un-American.
kujo Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1343263038' post='2458879'] Then I'd be forced to order the Spicy Chicken Sandwich deluxe combo with large waffle fries and extra gay. [/quote] As I said on Facebook, this response, and your initial tirade, had me in hysterics when I read it last night. [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343277910' post='2458965'] The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights. [/quote] So what? You and everyone on here knows that whenever a gay rights issue is broached on Phatmass, I'm up for a fight with all the latent-homophobes. But this is just stupid to me. I couldn't give less of a croutons what this executive or that does with his/her money. I am sure we could find some pretty wild donations if we examined the tax forms of the people who run pretty much every company in the world (not to mention all the money they pay to strippers for "college tuition). I don't see why people have to get so dramatic with this stuff. There's a difference between a boycott and a decision not to consume a product. If you don't like the way Chik-Fil-A is doing business, don't go there. Period. No need to publicize or make it into a passion play, where you are denying yourself something intrinsic so as to benefit the greater good. Boycotts are supposed to enact change. What, exactly, is the margin of error for "change" in this situation? Is this family going to all of a sudden change their minds and adopt a more rational and less bigoted POV on gay marriage? Are they going stop giving money to organizations they support? Are they going to sell Chik-Fil-A to wealthy members of PFLAG?
fides' Jack Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 I'm surprised it took this long. I mean, seriously, what do these people expect from a company that is notorious mostly for one thing: being closed on Sunday. This will probably help Chick-fil-A business, not hurt it. In this case, I think, even bad publicity is good publicity. For the issue with the 2 not-so-fine mayors out there: let's just drop the heterophobia, already.
4588686 Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 [quote name='jaime' timestamp='1343310328' post='2459002'] Now if someone could show me a truly anti-gay stance by any of these organizations supported by the Chick a Fila company, I'd be happy to protest them as well. However they all seem to advocate for promoting stronger families and marriage. [/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xEJPvQr9Bc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xEJPvQr9Bc[/url] I think 8:40 pertains to this.
homeschoolmom Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 I love Chick-Fil-A and I eat there every chance I get. Unfortunately, that's not very often. I don't like sweet tea, but they let me eat there anyway.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now