Jaime Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 Seriously between Mr Bean, Voldemort and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, that was a ridiculous waste of time.
Jaime Posted July 28, 2012 Author Posted July 28, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343453395' post='2459657'] I love Mr. Bean. [/quote] Of course you do.
Amppax Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 Czech uniform made up for any and all deficiencies in the ceremony.
TheresaThoma Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 The thing is the creator deliberately wasn't trying to top China, he just wanted to do it in his own style. That was his intent in the opening ceremony. I liked it, more focus on the people not on fancy special effects.
Jaime Posted July 28, 2012 Author Posted July 28, 2012 Well first of all the fancy special effects in the China opening ceremonies were people. The drums, the moving box thing, etc. A far distant cry from queen leaping from a helicopter. Frankie Goes to Hollywood is not a representation of the best of British music.
Ice_nine Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 It was terrible. And the "digital love story?" *yak* For all the hype it was really embarrassing. Mr. Bean was funny tho
beatitude Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 It was awful and hilarious. I loved it. You foreign types will never understand our national humour, or our marvellous sense of style. Such a proud moment when the team walked out looking like a cross between Elvis Presley and a moon landing.
Annie12 Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 I thought it was very confusing and boring. I wish they had done something else! Mr. bean was funny though...
Jaime Posted July 28, 2012 Author Posted July 28, 2012 [quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1343485515' post='2459724'] It was awful and hilarious. I loved it. You foreign types will never understand our national humour, or our marvellous sense of style. Such a proud moment when the team walked out looking like a cross between Elvis Presley and a moon landing. [/quote] If you want British humor, then why wasn't any of the Monty Python troupe involved? Now THAT would have been funny!
PhuturePriest Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 I have no clue what you people are talking about. What happened that involved Mr. Bean? I wouldn't care if Mr. Bean had not been involved, but alas Rowan Atkinson always catches my attention. "If I am elected growing a beard will be a federal crime."
Jaime Posted July 28, 2012 Author Posted July 28, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343497161' post='2459765'] I have no clue what you people are talking about. [/quote] FYI this is just assumed now on every thread.
CatholicCid Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 [quote name='jaime' timestamp='1343498508' post='2459773'] Mee mee moo meep meep! [/quote] Now, Beaker, you forgot the beaker. Get the beaker, Beaker.
Lisa Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 (edited) [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343497161' post='2459765'] I have no clue what you people are talking about. What happened that involved Mr. Bean? I wouldn't care if Mr. Bean had not been involved, but alas Rowan Atkinson always catches my attention. "If I am elected growing a beard will be a federal crime." [/quote] Ok. Critical thinking problem. What do China *cough, Beijing* and all things British *cough, London* have in common that is a current topic of conversation? Edited July 28, 2012 by Lisa
PhuturePriest Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1343511199' post='2459806'] Ok. Critical thinking problem. What do China *cough, Beijing* and all things British *cough, London* have in common that is a current topic of conversation? [/quote] Why would Mr. Bean do stand-up at the Olympics? I've never seen the Olympics before, but I was almost certain it was about sports. When I watched it for ten seconds today all I saw was this guy in a store talking about these particular kind of shoes. I thought it was a commercial for a second but it wasn't.
PhuturePriest Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 [quote name='jaime' timestamp='1343498508' post='2459773'] FYI this is just assumed now on every thread. [/quote] Untrue. I have been on discussions that were about The Lord of the Rings before. Trust me, there's not much you can say that I will not understand when it comes to The Lord of the Rings.
Lisa Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343525759' post='2459847'] I've never seen the Olympics before, but I was almost certain it was about sports. [/quote] How have you never seen the Olympics?
Amppax Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1343533875' post='2459872'] How have you never seen the Olympics? [/quote] He's like 12.
Jaime Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343525920' post='2459848'] Untrue. I have been on discussions that were about The Lord of the Rings before. Trust me, there's not much you can say that I will not understand when it comes to The Lord of the Rings. [/quote] and Teletubbies. Got it!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now