An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters Minor Now Poor Clares

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

As of this very day, August eight, 2012, the Franciscan Sisters Minor are now cloistered and are officially Poor Clares. I know there was a thread about this a while ago, but I figured there was no harm in doing a celebration thread.

:nun: :nun2: :nun3:

Pax_et bonum

Not quite, almost! Tomorrow morning is the enclosure Mass, though tonight was their last night with everyone before their visits will have to be from behind a grille. Please pray for them and the sisters' families; there was more than one teary eyed family member today.

I hadn't even really considered how hard that must be for their families. When the older postulants/novices entered, they likely reassured their families that they would be able to come for a home visit, etc. like many of us are doing with our families right now. Even though they are doing what they are called to do with the community, it must be really tough for their moms and dads to have what already seems like limited contact decreased further. I'll be praying for all involved tomorrow!

Good points Lisa. I think my parents would be far more grieved if I did a flip and switch, rather than just entering the cloister..

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1344481781' post='2464837']
I hadn't even really considered how hard that must be for their families. When the older postulants/novices entered, they likely reassured their families that they would be able to come for a home visit, etc. like many of us are doing with our families right now. Even though they are doing what they are called to do with the community, it must be really tough for their moms and dads to have what already seems like limited contact decreased further. I'll be praying for all involved tomorrow!
[/quote]

Though you are mostly right, if the Franciscan Sisters Minor are anything like the Franciscan Brothers Minor, they were not allowed to go home unless there was a special occasion like a wedding, because "There is no "vacation" from "Vocation", as Brother Fidelis Maria has told me, so having them simply enter must have been difficult, but this must have been even more difficult.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1344478952' post='2464795']
Not quite, almost! Tomorrow morning is the enclosure Mass, though tonight was their last night with everyone before their visits will have to be from behind a grille. Please pray for them and the sisters' families; there was more than one teary eyed family member today.
[/quote]

Oh, that's right. You are discerning with them, correct? I think I remember you telling us about it, and you told us the story of Mother being embarrassed about the Friars leaving their underwear in plain sight. :hehe:

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344524448' post='2465010']
Oh, that's right. You are discerning with them, correct? I think I remember you telling us about it, and you told us the story of Mother being embarrassed about the Friars leaving their underwear in plain sight. :hehe:
[/quote]
QD relayed the story about the underwear, but yes, I am discerning with them. I spoke with Mother briefly yesterday about hoping to enter with them after the school year :nun2:
Even with the bishop doing the Mass, we're probably safe to say they are officially the Poor Sisters of St. Clare!!! :woot: :clap3:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1344525928' post='2465019']
QD relayed the story about the underwear, but yes, I am discerning with them. I spoke with Mother briefly yesterday about hoping to enter with them after the school year :nun2:
Even with the bishop doing the Mass, we're probably safe to say they are officially the Poor Sisters of St. Clare!!! :woot: :clap3:
[/quote]

That's amesome! The Franciscan Brothers Minor are my favorite Community and I feel most called to them, so it would be amesome if we both joined the same Order!

dymphnamaria

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1344468309' post='2464716']
As of this very day, August eight, 2012, the Franciscan Sisters Minor are now cloistered and are officially Poor Clares. I know there was a thread about this a while ago, but I figured there was no harm in doing a celebration thread.

:nun: :nun2: :nun3:
[/quote]

I hope those sisters would have convent here in my country.. :sailing: :nunpray:

This is super exciting to hear about!! :heart: They so beautiful and authentically poor! like the first followers of Sts. Francis and Clare :pray:

So this is probably a little premature, but does anyone know, do they have plans to become aggregated into the Order of St. Clare (and thus, profess Solemn Vows)? (also the Franciscan Brothers Minor) It first starts with being affiliated with the Order, and then they become aggregated <-- officially part of.

To give a few examples, the (somewhat) new communities of the Hermits of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel both in Lake Elmo, MN & Christoval, TX were recently aggregated into the O.Carm. Order, [url="http://ocarm.org/en/content/ocarm/hermitical-communities-aggregated-pleno-iure-order"]http://ocarm.org/en/...leno-iure-order[/url] The Carmelite Hermits in Austin, MN were affiliated with the O.Carm. Order in 2008 and are working on aggregation, [url="http://carmelitesaustinmn.com/"]http://carmelitesaustinmn.com/[/url] The Carmelite Monks in Wyoming are not affiliated with either Orders, and are not seeking to, but rather are seeking to become their own Institute of Pontifical Right I am pretty sure .. heard this from a priest. The Monks and Monastic Sisters (not officially nuns) of Bethlehem of the Assumption of the Virgin and of St. Bruno are an Institute of Pontifical Right, to give an example.

Anyway, lots of technicalities! But I am just wondering if there are any plans to become affiliated with the official Order .. my guess is probably :)

Edited by Chiquitunga

Wow Chiquitunga-you have so much knowledge! Thanks for enriching VS with your informative posts. :like:

Edited by emmaberry