An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Jehovah's Witnesses Are So Lost!

Cesar624

[url="http://www.watchtower.org/library/ti/index.htm"]http://www.watchtower.org/library/ti/index.htm[/url]

geetarplayer

It doesn't make sense any other way. How can Jesus be God and not a part of the Holy Trinity? It's insulting to the Divine nature of Jesus by saying the Trinity doesn't exist.

-Mark

geetarplayer

[quote]No, those ideas insult God. No one is his equal; nor did he have a fleshly mother, since [b]Jesus was not God[/b]. [/quote]

:huh:

And what's all this talk about Christendom vs. Christianity? I'll say a rosary for them.

-Mark

lil bull 04

yeah we watched a video on them in my religion class. okay so it doesn't really make sense for Lutherans to be studying jehovahs witnesses or any other religion but it is informative.

it sort of made me question what i believe after studying all those. if you think jehovahs witnesses are messed up try morons...i mean mormons.

geetarplayer

I think it's wrong to joke about Mormons being morons... they're not stupid, just ignorant and misinformed.

-Mark

Confessionator741

[quote name='geetarplayer' date='May 18 2004, 03:20 PM'] I think it's wrong to joke about Mormons being morons... they're not stupid, just ignorant and misinformed.

-Mark [/quote]
I agree, but im not sure he was meaning to call them morons, more their ideas moronic?

What the?!?!...

[url="http://www.watchtower.org/images/ti/6_jesus_death.jpg"]http://www.watchtower.org/images/ti/6_jesus_death.jpg[/url]

it's definitely NOT the way the Romans crucified... sorry bubs.

as the Mormon Moron controversy, let's go to the prohibited content portion of the phorum guidelines:

[quote]Negative Criticism of Other Religions- a post or comment that negatively criticizes (as opposed to constructively criticizes) a different religion in a way that is harmful to open ecumenical dialogue.

"The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." - Catechism of the Catholic Church, 838
[/quote]

well, that CCC doesn't quite apply here because the Church doesn't recognize their baptism, but the actual guideline says negatively criticizing a different religion in general, and though calling it moronism can be funny and we know alot of their ideas are out there, it is disrespectful, offensive, and harmful to ecumenical dialogue, so i guess we don't get to have that sorta fun on phatmass

Pax Amorque Christi

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='May 18 2004, 05:07 PM']Wha? You mean God isn't from the planet Kolaab?[/quote]
:rotfl:

I mean, I don't wanna poke fun at the JWs or anything like that. One of my best friends in the whole world is JW, and her mother and sister are devout JWs, and they LOOOOOOVE me. She has Watchtower magazines laying around everywhere, but never have they tried to impose their religion on me. And I walk up in their house with my crucifix on and they don't say a thing, they're respectful. But, my friend and I do have our disagreements and I do correct her on some of the stuff that she says about Catholic teachings. It's just stuff like this that they publish that really pisses me off.