crusader1234 Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 Haha Baal is the name for the pagan fertility God the Israelites often fell pray to following.
homeschoolmom Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='May 18 2004, 06:05 PM'] Some Baptist Thought: Mormonism = belief in a visable authority instead of sola scriptura Mormanism = false Catholicism = belief in a visable authority instaed of sola scriptura therefore Catholicism = Mormonism. Right. [/quote] Huh? I never heard of any of my Baptist friends say they were the same... In fact, they would say that Catholics are Christians, but Mormons are not.
Brother Adam Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 (edited) Certianly not all, but yes I have debated with a group Baptists who believe this. Edited May 18, 2004 by Brother Adam
Norseman82 Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 Interestingly, I recall reading that one of the angels - maybe the one who gave Joeseph Smith the Mormon tablets - was named Moroni (correct me if I am wrong).
homeschoolmom Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 freaky weird double post with a post from Norseman82 in between...
Aloysius Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 [quote name='Norseman82' date='May 18 2004, 06:26 PM'] Interestingly, I recall reading that one of the angels - maybe the one who gave Joeseph Smith the Mormon tablets - was named Moroni (correct me if I am wrong). [/quote] that's true. we still need to have charity and only have constructive criticism of other religions on the Phorum. u never know if there's a random mormon out there who is doubting his faith and looking for answers and love, comes here and just finds us makin fun of them... Pax Christi
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now