Amppax Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 I'm putting together a bulletin board with information about Total Consecration to our Blessed mother, and I was wondering if people could help me out, by posting their favorite images of Mary? That would be super razzle dazzle awesomesauce. And if anyone has sources about either St. Louis de Monfort or St. Maximilian Kolbe's way, that's be so incredibly amesome, and I'd be so incredibly thankful. Thanks in advance all.
GeorgiiMichael Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 (edited) [url="http://www.consecration.com/"]http://www.consecration.com/[/url] That's the official Militia Immaculata site, St. Maximilian Kolbe's consecration enrolls you in the Militia Immaculata. As for favorite images of Mary, I'm partial to the one where she looks like Nic Cage. [img]http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/nicolas-cage-totally-looks-like-virgin-mary.jpg[/img] Edited August 17, 2012 by GeorgiiMichael
EmilyAnn Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Odigitriya_Smolenskaya_Dionisiy.jpg/260px-Odigitriya_Smolenskaya_Dionisiy.jpg[/img] I love the Hodegetria. It's my favourite icon, I love the way the Blessed Virgin is gesturing towards the Infant Jesus, I think it speaks so beautifully of how the Blessed Virgin points us to Christ. [img]http://www.jesus-passion.com/Our_Lady_of_Sorrows2.jpg[/img] I love this as well, I have a particular devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 The Madonna of the Roses! I will post a pic later. It's by far my favorite. I also like Our Lady of Kibeho, and her story.
MissyP89 Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 ageofmary.com is very nicely done and easy on the eyes, plus extremely thorough. It's all de Montfort.
MissyP89 Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 (edited) [img]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/309361_2268622589199_1417724237_n.jpg[/img] Edited August 17, 2012 by MissyP89
Papist Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Lfl4zkTRYtk/TurKs9C00wI/AAAAAAAAAJc/BMBddPSi63o/s1600/Our_Lady_of_the_Sign_2.jpg[/img]
cmotherofpirl Posted August 17, 2012 Posted August 17, 2012 [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/cmom/DSC_0115.jpg[/IMG]
Groo the Wanderer Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ukJoR7KkHD4/TGREMwGTkfI/AAAAAAAAEw0/2_X0rm5IgW0/s1600/mary+comforts+eve.jpg[/img]
Groo the Wanderer Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://hebrewchristian.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/coronation.jpg[/img]
Groo the Wanderer Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://catholicglasses.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/20120325-142451.jpg?w=658[/img][img]http://www.angelsarenearus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Madonna-and-Angels.jpg[/img]
Groo the Wanderer Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://www.turnbacktogod.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/john-paul-n-mother-mary.jpg[/img]
MIKolbe Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/157045_1694855845389_6062341_n.jpg[/img]
Groo the Wanderer Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://frmarkdwhite.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/behold-i-make-all-things-new.jpg?w=500[/img]
Groo the Wanderer Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [img]http://maitaly.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/300px-michelangelos_pieta_5450_cropncleaned_edit.jpg[/img]
the171 Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 Our Lady of Czestochowa and Our Lady of the Smile.Mary, Mother of Clergy and Our Lady of the Assumption (the Cajun in my approves)
Vincent Vega Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1345257502' post='2469487'] [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ukJoR7KkHD4/TGREMwGTkfI/AAAAAAAAEw0/2_X0rm5IgW0/s1600/mary+comforts+eve.jpg[/img] [/quote] I like this a lot.
LittleWaySoul Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1345257502' post='2469487'] [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ukJoR7KkHD4/TGREMwGTkfI/AAAAAAAAEw0/2_X0rm5IgW0/s1600/mary+comforts+eve.jpg[/img] [/quote] [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345258028' post='2469500'] [img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/157045_1694855845389_6062341_n.jpg[/img] [/quote] [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1345258042' post='2469502'] [img]http://frmarkdwhite.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/behold-i-make-all-things-new.jpg?w=500[/img] [/quote] [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1345258151' post='2469504'] [img]http://maitaly.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/300px-michelangelos_pieta_5450_cropncleaned_edit.jpg[/img] [/quote] I absolutely LOVE all of these!!! Edited August 18, 2012 by LittleWaySoul
LittleWaySoul Posted August 18, 2012 Posted August 18, 2012 These are beautiful as well! [img]http://consecratedtomary.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/immaculate-heart-of-mary.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.all-about-the-virgin-mary.com/images/mary-mother-jesus.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now