Selah Posted September 12, 2013 Posted September 12, 2013 This one is called "Assuage My Sorrows" and its feast day is January 2.
Selah Posted February 14, 2014 Posted February 14, 2014 The wonderworking "Rescuer of the Drowning" Icon of the Mother of God (Novodvorsk), celebrated Dec 20
TheresaThoma Posted February 15, 2014 Posted February 15, 2014 This is one of my favorites. Particularly because it was first written in/for my home diocese.
ThereseMaria Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 I'm pretty sure I found this picture on the blog In the Shadow of His Wings (passionistnuns.org)...
add Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 (edited) Found at an old Post office in Boston Edited February 18, 2014 by add
add Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 (edited) notice the nail holes? Edited February 18, 2014 by add
add Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 Found at an old Post office in Boston I'm sorry it wasn't a post office it was a old library see: http://www.sargentmurals.bpl.org/ truly amazing artwork
beatitude Posted February 18, 2014 Posted February 18, 2014 This statue of Our Lady is in all the parishes of the Battambang diocese in Cambodia, where many people have been killed or maimed by land mines. The statue shows disabled children nestling into Our Lady's skirts with toys, while a smiling Jesus looks out with arms wide. An identical statue was sent by the people of Battambang to the English shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, which is where I found it and fell in love with it.
SilentJoy Posted February 19, 2014 Posted February 19, 2014 My current favorite is Francisco Laporta Valor's "Rosa Mistica." I'm going through a Scary Mary phase. :) I loooove it...I can't stop laughing, though. It looks like "EndGame Mary."
SilentJoy Posted February 19, 2014 Posted February 19, 2014 I loooove it...I can't stop laughing, though. It looks like "EndGame Mary." Or maybe Secretary Monday as Mary...
ThereseMaria Posted February 19, 2014 Posted February 19, 2014 NOOO I can't find pictures, but my favorite statues of Mary are in two of the churches in my parish. There's one that has Mary and many children from all over the world sitting at her feet, and in the other church, there is a simple statue of Mary wearing a white dress with a blue veil (it has gold trim) and she is looking downwards and holding her hands together in prayer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now