An Old School Catholic Message Board

Active/contemplative Or Cloistered How Do You Know Which Is For You?

Mary's Child

PhuturePriest

This is definitely late, but please, do not feel guilty for wanting to talk with the Lord rather than a friend. At times I feel tortured that I cannot go to Eucharistic adoration at all or even pray in a Church since mine is always locked. I wish I could go down to Eucharistic adoration and pray for hours each day, and every time I can't do all of my praying for the day I feel terrible. These are good things you have, and they are indeed a sign that you are called to contemplative life. I would personally recommend Carmelite Nuns since Carmelites are my favorite contemplative Order.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346218066' post='2475640']
I would personally recommend Carmelite Nuns since Carmelites are my favorite contemplative Order.
[/quote]

Are you sure you didn't take a subtle hint from her avatar?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346218845' post='2475645']
[/quote]

I honestly couldn't name out that Saint if I recited every Saint I know.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346218066' post='2475640']
This is definitely late, but please, do not feel guilty for wanting to talk with the Lord rather than a friend. At times I feel tortured that I cannot go to Eucharistic adoration at all or even pray in a Church since mine is always locked. I wish I could go down to Eucharistic adoration and pray for hours each day, and every time I can't do all of my praying for the day I feel terrible. These are good things you have, and they are indeed a sign that you are called to contemplative life. I would personally recommend Carmelite Nuns since Carmelites are my favorite contemplative Order.
[/quote]
I to love the Carmelites and I feel very strongly drawn to them right now Im seriously considering not even bothering to visit any non Carmelite communities. And yes I am excited to see No Greater Love when does it come out?
[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346218845' post='2475645']
[/quote]
LOL I know right?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346218986' post='2475649']
I honestly couldn't name out that Saint if I recited every Saint I know.
[/quote]
My avatar is St Teresa of Avila.

[quote name='Mary's Child' timestamp='1346776144' post='2478280']
And yes I am excited to see No Greater Love when does it come out?[/quote]

I know your question was not directed toward me, but I own NGL, so I think it's been out for a while. :)

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346788099' post='2478369']
I know your question was not directed toward me, but I own NGL, so I think it's been out for a while. :)
[/quote]
Oh is it good? Should I buy it?

[quote name='Mary's Child' timestamp='1346854673' post='2478723']
Oh is it good? Should I buy it?
[/quote]

I really enjoyed it! Of course, when I bought it I thought I had a Carmelite vocation, so it was that much more intriguing. Regardless, I would still recommend it, especially since PM's own Faith Cecilia is there now.