Ed Normile Posted August 20, 2012 Posted August 20, 2012 Just wondering... Get married already ! Then you can start working on little Nihooseys. Wait are you both from Canada ? Say hello to Dudley Dooright for me, eh ? ed
Ed Normile Posted August 20, 2012 Author Posted August 20, 2012 [quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1345438004' post='2470475'] They are getting married next July. [/quote] razzle dazzle beans, I am happy to hear that. The world needs more Canucks, especially nice ones like Nihil. ed
Nihil Obstat Posted August 20, 2012 Posted August 20, 2012 Originally we were hoping I'd be done school by this coming summer, but unfortunately I won't quite be there yet at that time. So she will come back here with me while I finish school. Here is the interior of the church we have chosen (and booked): [img]http://www.evansvilleago.org/organs/StBonifaceFront.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted August 20, 2012 Posted August 20, 2012 [quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1345467248' post='2470553'] Image didn't come through [/quote] Here are the search terms: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=st.%20boniface%20evansville%20indiana&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=248yUMgJiZaIAqu7geAF&biw=1063&bih=684&sei=4I8yUJqiM6XrigLb2YCgAQ
Nihil Obstat Posted August 20, 2012 Posted August 20, 2012 We're paying out the ears for it too, but some things are worth a bit of sacrifice.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 I saw it in person a couple weeks ago. Breathtaking. By far the most beautiful church I've been in outside of Europe.
PhuturePriest Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 You need to visit Saint Benedict's Church in Benedict, Kansas. It looks like Saint Peter's Basilica on the inside. It was made during World War II and you can tell they spared no expense. The Church you booked is very beautiful as well, though. There are a few Churches like that in the Wichita Diocese, and they are always a treat to visit. It's too bad my sister is getting married in our gymnasi-Ahem, excuse me, parish "Church".
Nihil Obstat Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345518623' post='2471054'] You need to visit Saint Benedict's Church in Benedict, Kansas. It looks like Saint Peter's Basilica on the inside. It was made during World War II and you can tell they spared no expense. The Church you booked is very beautiful as well, though. There are a few Churches like that in the Wichita Diocese, and they are always a treat to visit. It's too bad my sister is getting married in our gymnasi-Ahem, excuse me, parish "Church". [/quote] I'll do my best to get there someday.
Ed Normile Posted August 21, 2012 Author Posted August 21, 2012 This looks incredibly like St Bernards church in Springfield Ohio. I need to post a picture of it. By the way in case you have not considered a name for your first male child, Edward is a great name. ed
Nihil Obstat Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 I was doing some research on the architecture style, because it's very common in the area, and it looks like broadly speaking you'd call it neo-Romanesque, specifically German neo-Romanesque. Lots of German immigrants to the midwest built churches according to that plan in the late 1800s. This one in particular was 1881 or thereabouts, and there are a couple others in the area that look, at least on the outside, nearly identical, all built within a ten year period. [img]http://www.evansville-diocese.org/pix/stboniface.JPG[/img] A couple giveaways are the round arches above the doors and windows, the shape of the towers, and the white belt course.
Ed Normile Posted August 21, 2012 Author Posted August 21, 2012 It is a beautiful church, it would be a great place to have young Edward baptized at ! ed
Ed Normile Posted August 21, 2012 Author Posted August 21, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345526617' post='2471118'] @@ We aren't even married yet. [/quote] I was not suggesting anything scandalous !! Just trying to mitigate the trauma of deciding on a name for your inevitable child. I like you Nihil and I think your offspring deserves a great name, just trying to be helpful. ed
PhuturePriest Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 (edited) This is the Church Feather and I decided on getting married in (And no I am not joking): [img]http://www.bobzworldcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Panoramic-View-St.Peters-Basilica.jpg[/img] Edited August 21, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Nihil Obstat Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 [quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1345526947' post='2471127'] I was not suggesting anything scandalous !! Just trying to mitigate the trauma of deciding on a name for your inevitable child. I like you Nihil and I think your offspring deserves a great name, just trying to be helpful. ed [/quote] Something tells me you have an ulterior motive here. [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345527167' post='2471130'] This is the Church Feather and I decided on getting married in (And no I am not joking): [img]http://www.bobzworldcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Panoramic-View-St.Peters-Basilica.jpg[/img] [/quote] Who's Feather? She sounds pretty.
PhuturePriest Posted August 21, 2012 Posted August 21, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345527287' post='2471131'] Something tells me you have an ulterior motive here. Who's Feather? She sounds pretty. [/quote] Feather is a Phatmasser. And she is pretty, thank you very much.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now