Lil Red Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1346514698' post='2477158'] I sucked at dating. [/quote] it's amazing that you got married then. Edited September 1, 2012 by Lil Red
Winchester Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1346515075' post='2477160'] good thing too, since you're married. [/quote] Past tense, editor.
Lil Red Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1346515410' post='2477162'] Past tense, editor. [/quote] i blame the coffee. and fixed.
GeorgiiMichael Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1346516132' post='2477167'] no dating courtship [/quote] This type of semantic argument always bothered me. The courtship/dating divide is what a couple makes it. And quite frankly, what's the difference? Honestly, what is it? Because it seems to me that people like to say "DATING BAD! COURT LADY! OOGA BOOGA!" without differentiating the difference between the two. A person's mindset in the wide world of marriage discernment shouldn't be "am I courting her or dating her?" it should be, "am I being virtuous? are we being virtuous together?" Also, it seems to me like "courting" is done to women, which seems awfully sexist. Two people should be dating together. It's a trial run for marriage. It's discerning whether the sacrament of matrimony is what the two people involved are called to. It should be a partnership, not some antiquated, "Look at my muscles both physically and monetarily" shtick.
Norseman82 Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 Best line starts at 00:35: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xSxy_Wc1-o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xSxy_Wc1-o[/url]
Winchester Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1346515452' post='2477163'] and fixed. [/quote] No one can.
Anastasia13 Posted September 1, 2012 Author Posted September 1, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1346516132' post='2477167'] no dating courtship [/quote] Lame. Same diff to me, except that courtship means you stay in other people's super strict line even when you can handle more, and you have a chaperone all the time, and hardly touch after months of dating, and everything is super formal and probably officially parentally approved almost as soon as it starts even though I am a grown adult, hence I find dating more realistic and comfortable and does not make me want to go against God in some way when I say it, but fine. Courtship it is. I hate using the word courtship. The term courtship makes me very uncomfortable. I don't believe it has to be as said above, but I can't help but think like that when the term is used, hence "courtship" becomes unrealistic. Edited September 1, 2012 by Light and Truth
ardillacid Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1346514698' post='2477158'] I [s]sucked at dating [/s]clubbed my wife over the head and dragged her back to my cave. Of course I had to stand on a step stool to do so. [/quote] razzle dazzle story bro
Winchester Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1346520115' post='2477192'] [s]razzle dazzle story bro[/s] Crossing stuff out and putting made up stuff in its place is your schtick, Winnie. I use it because I love you. And our date at The Hobbit Cafe was really fun. [/quote] Thanks, dude. I didn't mean to lead you on.
Nihil Obstat Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1346511839' post='2477147'] My advice is to be wary of the stories everyone has given. While apparently they're typical on Phatmass, they're atypical everywhere else. That's not to say that you should just flat-out reject the idea of proposing on the second date, or marrying the first or second person that you date. Some people find their spouse in high school, others don't find their spouse until well into their adult life. It's about the right person, not about the ideal time-frame. [/quote] To be fair, it took ten months for us to go on our second date.
Ed Normile Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1346511839' post='2477147'] My advice is to be wary of the stories everyone has given. While apparently they're typical on Phatmass, they're atypical everywhere else. That's not to say that you should just flat-out reject the idea of proposing on the second date, or marrying the first or second person that you date. Some people find their spouse in high school, others don't find their spouse until well into their adult life. It's about the right person, not about the ideal time-frame. [/quote] I would agree especially with the last sentence of Georgi's post above. I have to add that perhaps the reason the " story " he cautions you to be wary of is so more typical here on Phatmass than "everywhere else" may be what one is looking for in a date. If a person is truly open to God's plan for marriage and not just looking for companionship or casual sex, then this openness to the will of God may be the key that has lead them so early on to meet the right person. ed
Anastasia13 Posted September 1, 2012 Author Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='rachael' timestamp='1346520140' post='2477193'] what is this dating? [/quote] Something I need to find a good, attractive, non-geeky, Christian man for.
Winchester Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Light and Truth' timestamp='1346526596' post='2477241'] Something I need to find a good, attractive, non-geeky, Christian man for. [/quote] Good luck with that.
Tally Marx Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 I would just say...don't try too hard. If you try too hard, *you* are going to *find* somebody. Let God send you somebody, instead. Oh, and chocolate. Nothing more need be said.
Winchester Posted September 1, 2012 Posted September 1, 2012 [quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1346527119' post='2477245'] I would just say...don't try too hard. If you try too hard, *you* are going to *find* somebody. Let God send you somebody, instead. Oh, and chocolate. Nothing more need be said. [/quote] Maybe God wants you to try hard, though. Maybe that's His plan. Just give up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now