Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dating Advice Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1346537159' post='2477321']
So I guess you admit it doesn't exist?
[/quote]
What are you on about?

Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1346553505' post='2477430']
What are you on about?
[/quote]

Co?

Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1346553777' post='2477433']
Co?
[/quote]
ca Cola

Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1346553777' post='2477433']
Co?
[/quote]
Caine.

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1346554105' post='2477438']
Caine.
[/quote]
[img]http://topsytasty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Rick-James-Bitch.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1346554105' post='2477438']
Caine.
[/quote]

Coke and cocaine used to be one in the same at a certain point in time. No wonder people thought it was so addicting...

Posted (edited)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1346555707' post='2477450']
Coke and cocaine used to be [b]one in the same[/b] at a certain point in time. No wonder people thought it was so addicting...
[/quote]

No people did not drink cocaine in liquid form. :smile3: Coca cola in its original recipe contained some cocaine. Apparently these days it still contained decocainized coca leaf.

Also we Catholics have a long and noble tradition of being kewl with drinks that contain cocaine. ;)

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Mariani_pope.jpg[/img]

Edited by Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Light and Truth' timestamp='1346526596' post='2477241']
Something I need to find a good, attractive, [b]non-geeky[/b], Christian man for.
[/quote]

Um.. what's wrong with geeky? Or perhaps I misunderstand the term and the way you use it.



[quote name='Light and Truth' timestamp='1346532816' post='2477288']
I must bring a handsome man who goes to church, doesn't watch anime but like sports and foreign movies by my own actions?
[/quote]

I know handsome men who read manga as well as like sports and foreign movies. In fact, that describes quite a few of my classmates. :blink:

Edited by Innocent
southern california guy
Posted (edited)

I think that the secret to successfully getting dates from an online personals site is to make yourself both younger and wealthier than you really are. If you're 35 years old, than list your age as 30 -- or even 29! And always lie a few pounds off of your weight! And ALWAYS describe your body type as "athletic". And you'll probably get far more dates if you list your income at $200,000/year rather than the measly $20,000 a year that you struggle to live on. Also say things like "I like taking trips around the world on my yacht", or "I enjoy flying in my personal airplane on the weekends."

Of course the down side to all of this is that she will find out the truth when she meets you.... :(

Edited by southern california guy
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1346557929' post='2477475']
Um.. what's wrong with geeky? Or perhaps I misunderstand the term and the way you use it.[/QUOTE]
Turnoffs in guys: tv/movie fanboys (unless it is for something particularly in the comedy area or in sports), cosplayers, really being someone who watches more than a rare moment of cartoons, large collections of comic books, the TV show Heroes.

[quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1346557929' post='2477475']
I know handsome men who read manga as well as like sports and foreign movies. In fact, that describes quite a few of my classmates. :blink:
[/quote]
Are those East Asian movies by any chance? My fav foreign movies are Israeli and Persian (unless I can count stuff Atom Agoyan directed, but he is Armenian-Canadian and I don't think Canadians count enough when the movies are in English).

My international interests are very Euro/near eastern-centric with a dash of Africa and everything else. I know that East Asia is the big thing in business and economics and they have popular things in some branches of geek subculture. Maybe it's from my desire to not be just like everyone else in life or my childhood fascination with the USSR, but East Asia is not where my heart is, and after I realized that, I got tired of pretending otherwise and left the anime scene.

A lot of geeks I have met are into visual arts. Unless it is religious art, ancient ruins, or something with an anthropological discussion included, I generally have a significantly preference for the performing arts. Dance, music, theater, and improv comedy are so much cooler to me than graphic design might [i]ever[/i] be to me.

Edited by Light and Truth
Posted

My experience , I advise to not go on one-on-one dates too often. Go out in a group. I have learned more about the person in groups settings than on one-on-one dates.

As a Catholic, incorporating Catholic 'stuff' into your date helps build a closeness. I took my wife to adoration on our first date, then for pizza, then for ice cream. Going to adoration first really set the tone and atmosphere for the rest of the night.

Posted

[quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1346558743' post='2477486']
I think that the secret to successfully getting dates from an online personals site is to make yourself both younger and wealthier than you really are. If you're 35 years old, than list your age as 30 -- or even 29! And always lie a few pounds off of your weight! And ALWAYS describe your body type as "athletic". And you'll probably get far more dates if you list your income at $200,000/year rather than the measly $20,000 a year that you struggle to live on. Also say things like "I like taking trips around the world on my yacht", or "I enjoy flying in my personal airplane on the weekends."

Of course the down side to all of this is that she will find out the truth when she meets you.... :(
[/quote]

eventus stultorum magister

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...