An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just Because I Thought My Fellow Discerners Would Appreciate The Laugh

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#454E54][size=4][background=rgb(231, 234, 236)]A Franciscan and a Jesuit were fighting over which of their religious orders was the best. Both men decided to pray and ask God to give them an answer. Moments later, a message floated down straight from Heaven, saying: "My Dear Sons, Please stop bickering over such trivial matters. Love, GOD, O.P."[/background][/size][/color][/font]

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1347132885' post='2480341']
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#454E54][size=4][background=rgb(231, 234, 236)]A Franciscan and a Jesuit were fighting over which of their religious orders was the best. Both men decided to pray and ask God to give them an answer. Moments later, a message floated down straight from Heaven, saying: "My Dear Sons, Please stop bickering over such trivial matters. Love, GOD, O.P."[/background][/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]

I love it! I've heard it before but it's still funny! :)

[quote name='MeteorShower' timestamp='1347158748' post='2480428']
I love Dominicans, but I also love Franciscans.

I feel somewhat conflicted...
[/quote]

SSEW to the rescue! :like:

[url="http://www.sisterservants.org/content/aboutUs.php"]http://www.sisterservants.org/content/aboutUs.php[/url]

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1347162522' post='2480449']
SSEW to the rescue! :like:

[url="http://www.sisterservants.org/content/aboutUs.php"]http://www.sisterser...ent/aboutUs.php[/url]
[/quote]

Of course!! I'm surprised that I didn't even think of the SSEW! I don't know much about them, but they sound lovely. The Dominican-Franciscan mix really is avvesome!

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347301478' post='2481025']
Idunno.... I heard that one with the punchline as 'God, S.J." I think the Dominicans hijacked the joke.... ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1347303042' post='2481031']
[size=1]Everyone knows that God is a Franciscan at heart.[/size]
[/quote]
*Sigh* Just embrace the amazingness of the Dominicans, ya'll. ;)

I'm sure you've all heard this one before...

Two men considering a religious vocation were having a conversation. “What is similar about the Jesuit and Dominican Orders? ” the one asked.
The second replied, “Well, they were both founded by Spaniards — St. Dominic for the Dominicans, and St. Ignatius of Loyola for the Jesuits. They were also both founded to combat heresy — the Dominicans to fight the Albigensians, and the Jesuits to fight the Protestants.”
“What is different about the Jesuit and Dominican Orders?”
“Met any Albigensians lately?”

:hehe:

Dominicans are amazing

i<3franciscans

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1347304839' post='2481038']
*Sigh* Just embrace the amazingness of the Dominicans, ya'll. ;)
[/quote]Never! Come to the [s]dark[/s] Franciscan side, we have [s]home[/s] convent made cookies! :winner:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1347307190' post='2481060']
Never! Come to the [s]dark[/s] Franciscan side, we have [s]home[/s] convent made cookies! :winner:
[/quote]
Convent-made [i]cookies[/i]? :evil: The Dominicans have convent-made [i]A.WESOME[/i]!!!!! :yahoo: :woot:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

I haz new joke:

Two sisters were eating at a resturant. They ordered water with lemon. The waitress brought them water and said, "It's free of charge, but we'll have to charge you extra if you turn it into wine."

rotfl

:nun: