An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just Because I Thought My Fellow Discerners Would Appreciate The Laugh

DiscerningCatholic

i<3franciscans

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1347307344' post='2481064']
Convent-made [i]cookies[/i]? :evil: The Dominicans have convent-made [i]A.WESOME[/i]!!!!! :yahoo: :woot:
[/quote]You wish, but I will leave it at that or we will both have to go to confession by the end of our "discussion". :buddies:

Edited by i<3franciscans

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1347321398' post='2481130']
You wish, but I will leave it at that or we will both have to go to confession by the end of our "discussion". :buddies:
[/quote]
We're basically acting out the joke... xD

Here's another one.
Q: What's black white black white black white black white? A: A Dominican rolling down a hill (on a side note, not really part of the joke, YIKES that habit would be hard to clean up :P )
Q: What's black white and laughing? A: The Dominican who pushed him :hehe2:
JMJ+ :heart:

DiscerningCatholic

Maybe this topic belongs in the lame board... but it's regarding nuns and sisters and monks and friars and priests, so I'll just leave this here. :nun:

During a Eucharistic Congress, a number of priests from different orders are gathered in a church for Vespers. While they are praying, a fuse blows and all the lights go out.

The Benedictines continue praying from memory, without missing a beat.

The Jesuits begin to discuss whether the blown fuse means they are dispensed from the obligation to pray Vespers.

The Franciscans compose a song of praise for God’s gift of darkness.

The Dominicans revisit their ongoing debate on light as a signification of the transmission of divine knowledge.

The Carmelites fall into silence and slow, steady breathing.

The Vincentians discuss how a socially just society would allocate fuses and lightbulbs to make sure everyone receives some.

The LCWR states that to get to real light, we may have to move beyond lightbulbs, even beyond candles.

The Vatican grumbles about having to pay for all the fuses and lightbulbs the Vincentians dispense.

The SSPX talks about how much better it was back when we didn’t have electricity.

The parish priest, who is hosting the others, goes to the basement and replaces the fuse.

:priest:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

:nun2: That is marvelously funny!!!!!!

I also found myself thinking that if a Domnican and a Franciscan and a Carmelite and a Jesuit and a Benedictine and a Visitandine were to get together and get that 'water but if you turn it into wine we'll have to charge you more' scenario, the following might happen:

The Franciscan would sing the praises of Sister Water, and then go beg some grapes and start stomping them in joy...

The Dominican would be looking up the theological references for water and for wine...and enjoy the wine when it was ready....

The Carmelite would be talking with God about how wonderful God is and simply curling up in God's presence, happy with God and either wine or water....

The Jesuit would be calling the chemistry department of his University to check on the right formula to convert water into wine and then looking for the BETTER way to use this new gift of God to serve God better..... perhaps by making the $$$$ into a scholarship for poor students....

The Benedictine would be hunting for some crackers, cheese and glasses to share the wine with the others when it was ready... (and stopping to pray the LOTH from time to time... with occasional breaks for Lectio Divina)

and the Visitandine would simply be smiling at all these wonderful little ways of serving God, and saying, May God Be Praised! Edited by AnneLine

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347470003' post='2481702']
:nun2: That is marvelously funny!!!!!!

I also found myself thinking that if a Domnican and a Franciscan and a Carmelite and a Jesuit and a Benedictine and a Visitandine were to get together and get that 'water but if you turn it into wine we'll have to charge you more' scenario, the following might happen:

The Franciscan would sing the praises of Sister Water, and then go beg some grapes and start stomping them in joy...

The Dominican would be looking up the theological references for water and for wine...and enjoy the wine when it was ready....

The Carmelite would be talking with God about how wonderful God is and simply curling up in God's presence, happy with God and either wine or water....

The Jesuit would be calling the chemistry department of his University to check on the right formula to convert water into wine and then looking for the BETTER way to use this new gift of God to serve God better..... perhaps by making the $$$$ into a scholarship for poor students....

The Benedictine would be hunting for some crackers, cheese and glasses to share the wine with the others when it was ready... (and stopping to pray the LOTH from time to time... with occasional breaks for Lectio Divina)

and the Visitandine would simply be smiling at all these wonderful little ways of serving God, and saying, May God Be Praised!
[/quote]
:nun: :nun: :nun: :nun: I LOVE IT!

A Dominican Friar, Franciscan Friar, and Jesuit Priest were all fishing in a boat one day. Eventually they had run out of wine, and the Jesuit was about to row ashore when the Franciscan said "Don't worry, I've got it handled." The Jesuit Priest couldn't believe his eyes when the Franciscan then began to walk on water to the shore and then back with a bottle of wine! Soon after they had run out of tackle, and the Dominican said "Don't worry, Brother, I'll get it this time." and he too walked began to walk on water! The Jesuit was in disbelief, but didn't want to say anything. When the Dominican had returned they fished for a while longer, and after a time they once again ran out of wine. The Jesuit Priest said "Don't worry, Brothers, I'll get it this time." He stood up at the side of the boat, did the sign of the cross, put his foot out the boat, and then he was amazed as he fell straight through the water. The Dominican said "He must not know about the sandbar." The Franciscan said "What sandbar?"

i<3franciscans

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1347471142' post='2481717']
A Dominican Friar, Franciscan Friar, and Jesuit Priest were all fishing in a boat one day. Eventually they had run out of wine, and the Jesuit was about to row ashore when the Franciscan said "Don't worry, I've got it handled." The Jesuit Priest couldn't believe his eyes when the Franciscan then began to walk on water to the shore and then back with a bottle of wine! Soon after they had run out of tackle, and the Dominican said "Don't worry, Brother, I'll get it this time." and he too walked began to walk on water! The Jesuit was in disbelief, but didn't want to say anything. When the Dominican had returned they fished for a while longer, and after a time they once again ran out of wine. The Jesuit Priest said "Don't worry, Brothers, I'll get it this time." He stood up at the side of the boat, did the sign of the cross, put his foot out the boat, and then he was amazed as he fell straight through the water. The Dominican said "He must not know about the sandbar." The Franciscan said "What sandbar?"
[/quote]BEST JOKE EVER!!!!!! :)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1347471142' post='2481717']
The Franciscan said "What sandbar?"
[/quote]
Best part of the joke :saint2: The first time I heard it, it didn't have that little jewel at the end.