IcePrincessKRS Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 [quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1349134595' post='2488999'] just curious, for those of you who are married, how old were you when you got married? I know my grandma was 18 and my mom was in her 20's. Just curious... [/quote] I was just a few days beyond my 22nd birthday, he was a couple months off from his. We met my junior year of college. I didn't pray for God to send me a boyfriend/husband, but what I did do, especially during those college years, was pray FOR my future husband, should that be God's will for my life (granted, I'd been pretty much positive it was from a very young age, but on the off chance God wanted me to be an old maid, I'd have been ok with that). That ensured that whatever man God sent me had the benefit of years worth of graces. I had a couple humbling crushes, a lame boyfriend; I stopped wishing, hoping and looking after I broke up with that guy. Awhile later I met my husband. Don't pray that you get a husband asap, just pray FOR him. You may not meet him until you're 40, but he will have benefited from all of your prayers for him up to that point. That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. In the meantime follow the advice Lil Red and MissScripture and a whole slew of others have given you. Be yourself, go out and have fun.
Slappo Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 I was 23 1/2 she just turned 23 Franciscan University has a lot of Christ centered relationships between freshmen-junior's in college. Most of them end before the person's senior year.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 I'm ridiculously late about replying to this. My initial reaction was like, O.o "I.. what?" I'm not going to share any deep personal experiences because they won't be helpful to you. Lol. Not like I've had that many anyway. Just... chillax girl. Seriously. Focus on school. Not discerning the religious life doesn't mean "I MUST BE DATING THIS SECOND AND EVERYONE MUST PAY ATTENTION TO MY FEELINGS". Yep, it smells of elderberries. It's called life. I know things are probably really stressful or whatever right now, but really, you need some good girlfriends to eat chocolate with or SOMETHING. ANYTHING. And of course, praying for you.
4588686 Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 I was 12 and she was 56. She told me that our love would never be accepted by society. So I pray for her while she serves her sentence. Once she gets out, we'll be married TRH
Nihil Obstat Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1349214389' post='2489334'] I was 12 and she was 56. She told me that our love would never be accepted by society. So I pray for her while she serves her sentence. Once she gets out, we'll be married TRH [/quote] [img]http://assets.flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lolita-book-cover.png[/img]
4588686 Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1349214895' post='2489341'] [img]http://assets.flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lolita-book-cover.png[/img] [/quote] I am Lolita.
Annie12 Posted October 2, 2012 Author Posted October 2, 2012 yeah... Kinda embarrassed I even made this thread now because I've gotten so much clarification through prayer that I don't need advice... Ha ha!!!! So, yeah... that seems to be a trend with me.... So, basically, I've decided that I will focus on getting closer to Christ before thinking about attracting this guy. And, I will just try to be myself so that God can do what he wills with me. I feel stupid for making this thread because I was all whinny and stuff... I apologized but you know Tacos and llamas are really cool!!!! [img]http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4825521_700b.jpg[/img]
Winchester Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1349214389' post='2489334'] I was 12 and she was 56. She told me that our love would never be accepted by society. So I pray for her while she serves her sentence. Once she gets out, we'll be married TRH [/quote] [img]http://images.askmen.com/celebs/women/models_150/160_nigella_lawsonlarge_image-1.jpg[/img]
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1349219281' post='2489372'] [img]http://images.askmen.com/celebs/women/models_150/160_nigella_lawsonlarge_image-1.jpg[/img] [/quote] She's amazing.
4588686 Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1349219281' post='2489372'] [img]http://images.askmen.com/celebs/women/models_150/160_nigella_lawsonlarge_image-1.jpg[/img] [/quote] She seems nice
Winchester Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1349224364' post='2489400'] She seems nice [/quote] Guess her age.
4588686 Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1349224445' post='2489401'] Guess her age. [/quote] 80? She looks pretty old and worn down. Now that I've infuriated the women here. I'd guess like late 30's if I saw her on the street. But given the context I'd guess 50's or low 60's? Edited October 3, 2012 by Hasan
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1349224445' post='2489401'] Guess her age. [/quote] She's like 50, isn't she?[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1349224871' post='2489409'] 52 [/quote] You would post the answer while I was in the middle of texting my sister back.
4588686 Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1349225132' post='2489414'] She's like 50, isn't she? You would post the answer while I was in the middle of texting my sister back. [/quote] Heaven has punished you for permitting a wicked tyrant to afflict a righteous man.
Papist Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 Annie, don't fret. Perhaps God is still preparing for you the guy you are to marry. And you may still need preparing for him. Be patient. Be yourself and work on bettering yourself. You want the man that is attracted to you...all of you. Stay pure for him. You will be his greatest gift in his life. God bless you!
Jaime Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349227783' post='2489436'] Annie, don't fret. Perhaps God is still preparing for you the guy you are to marry. And you may still need preparing for him. Be patient. Be yourself and work on bettering yourself. You want the man that is attracted to you...all of you. Stay pure for him. You will be his greatest gift in his life. God bless you! [/quote] It is also possible that you will die old, alone and bitter. But you will be secure in the knowledge that your miserable existence will be used for the salvation of souls. Or at least it will be a good rationalization on cold winter nights.
Papist Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='jaime' timestamp='1349231900' post='2489464'] It is also possible that you will die old, alone and bitter. But you will be secure in the knowledge that your miserable existence will be used for the salvation of souls. Or at least it will be a good rationalization on cold winter nights. [/quote] That's comforting. My wife will appreciate it.
Winchester Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349261855' post='2489531'] That's comforting. My wife will appreciate it. [/quote] Probably her only solace is that women typically outlive men.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now