An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Har har

Y'all know what I ended up with in the white elephant game? This ginormous crocheted ball that looked like a huge hacky sack. I didn't want it, but Sr. Maria was eyeballing it the whole time, so I kept stealing it from everyone else to tease her. :evil: :hehe:

DiscerningCatholic

Har har

Y'all know what I ended up with in the white elephant game? This ginormous crocheted ball that looked like a huge hacky sack. I didn't want it, but Sr. Maria was eyeballing it the whole time, so I kept stealing it from everyone else to tease her.  :evil:  :hehe:

I'm afraid she thought I actually wanted it...  :| I ended up giving it to Sr. Christiana for her kindergarten class.  :)

dominicansoul

so, Sr. Maria Frassati thought the huge hacky sack was a bit better than the pink pair of lips?

waitaminute....Who brings a pink pair of lips to the White Elephant game?  :blink:

rotfl

dominicansoul

DC, you keep mentioning sisters I have no idea who they are.  I only knew 48 of the over 100.

When I went back to visit them after being away 5 years,  I told Sr. Mary Grace, "who are all these new sisters?  I don't know half of this community!"

And she responded,

"That's okay...neither do I!"  rotfl rotfl rotfl

I'm sure she was just joking, but I can see where it is not so intimate and small anymore...I was there when the community was not even 10 years old yet. 

The last time I played white elephant was a Christmas with my siblings and their spouses.  I got a 4-pack of play-dough. My sis-in-law mistakenly got her presents mixed up. 

DiscerningCatholic

I think it was a cookie cutter shaped like lips. :| Either way... :doh: rotfl

I didn't know ANY of the sisters when I went (except for Sr. Mary Magdalene - who I'm sure you know since she's been there since pretty much since the community existed; she wasn't there, though - and Sr. Maria Frassati, of course), so I had to get good at remembering similar names. :|

I did manage to keep from confusing Sr. Maria Kolbe and Sr. Maximilian Marie...but I always got Sr. Maria Miguel and Sr. Elizabeth John mixed up! Of course, I know that "sister" works for all of them...but they ALL respond to that. All. 100. Of. Them. So...yeah. "Hey, sister!!!" All of the sisters: "Yes?" 

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

My mom: Trini, your hair is ALL OVER THE FLOOR! It's like having a dog!

Me: Well, I AM a Dominican...

I'm assuming you know the Latin breakdown of the word "Dominican"...

dominicansoul

Sr. Maximilian Marie let me call her Sr. Max.  I don't know if she allows anyone else to...

(I was one of her faves...) :P

DiscerningCatholic

Sr. Max. rotfl That's cute!!!!! 

I got to meet Sr. Veronica Marie from the Imagine Sisters video... OH MY CHEESE She's adorable

DiscerningCatholic

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It's okay; I think she entered around '09, since she just made first profession last year.

DiscerningCatholic

Either that or the order is older than I thought... :P

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

dominicansoul

speaking of fetuses,

Sr. Jude Andrew was in my class.  She entered at 17.  When we received the habit, it took about 10 years away from our appearance.  She looked like a dang fetus in a habit.

I drew her as a little fetus wearing the Dominican habit in the womb.  I wonder if I still have that little scribble.  I was pretty dang good drawing stuff there...