An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

In November? :| Ain't no way that's getting on an airplane... But if/when I enter!!!! :smile4: I thought she was joking when she said that...

DiscerningCatholic

THAT'S A LOTTA POSTAGE. Plus, they wouldn't exactly be able to USE it...it would seem silly, especially since I'll probably be entering half a year later. :|

THAT'S SCARY. Okay. :blink:

DiscerningCatholic

I can imagine...but this is an actual bow...so...LOL It would still be cool to see.

DiscerningCatholic

Was going through the thread...this is the fruits of my going through the thread...(props if anyone gets the reference...)

DC, I love Dominicans now.  :paperbag: I got to hang out with some second year novices and Sr. Veronica Marie this weekend at a diocesan high school retreat we were helping out at, and they were so great! 

ERMAHGERD SR. VERONICA MARIE IS THE BEST 

I recognized her from the Imagine Sisters video and asked her, "Weren't you in the Imagine Sisters video?" And she said, "Yes...yes... I was. I'll be signing autographs later."

THe next day there was actually a group of girls gathered around her gushing about how adorable and happy and wonderful the video was and she was looking at her shoes like :blush: and Sr. Elizabeth John said, "YOU GUYS, YOU'RE MAKING HER BLUSH!!!" :hehe:

553775_465557110184186_509651727_n.jpg

Utube...ur doin' it wrong.

27310d1221496353-recommendations-new-com

I doubt its a compound bow (above)  and more likely a recurve (below)

Recurve_Bow.jpg

eta

like ds said  it could be fun for recreation.  I took two gym semesters of archery in highschool it was fun.

Edited by vee8

DiscerningCatholic

LOL Yes, it's a recurve bow. :) 

I would pay big money to go to the final vows ceremony this year... :cry: I can't go... because my dad said no... :cry3: 

I'll have to send a "Congratulations on your wedding!" card.

dominicansoul

those are pretty fun, the Mass of course is beautiful.  The reception is pretty crazy.  you can never really spend time wiht the Sisters who made their final profession.  

Last time I went, I hung out with the sisters from my group and we laughed like crazy.  It scandalized Sr. Mary Michael.  She was always telling me to behave in teh convent.  Now, here she was giving me "that look" again at the reception...  rotfl 

DiscerningCatholic

I would be crying like a baby if I went; I'm afraid it would quite embarrass the poor sisters! :blush: 

I got so emotional just driving up to the motherhouse, I can't imagine what it will be like if I end up making vows. :| "To the *sob* honor of *sniff* almighty *blow nose* God..." :hehe:

But really...how awe.some would a party with the DSMME be???? Do they throw the convent noobs (postulants) a party? :|

The vows are neat and the reception after is pretty interesting.  The cake is good.  i got taken on a tiny tour by a couple of novices, who took pity on me sitting alone, after i somehow got abandoned by ds.

dominicansoul

I didn't abandon you!  Lisa took you places.  I wanted to go on tour with Sr. Elizabeth Ann, but you turned her down... sheesh