An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dc And Ds Talk To Each Other Thread

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

Yeah. :|

I had dreams about entering last night. Again. :|

DiscerningCatholic

Okay, so get this.

I was reading a newsletter from the sisters from 2007 and there was an article about St. Hyacinth. For those of you who don’t know about St. Hyacinth, he was a Polish Dominican friar and he is best known for a miraculous rescue of a statue of the Blessed Mother from the monastery as the monastery was being attacked by the Tartars. He was running to rescue the Blessed Sacrament, and as he ran by the statue of Mary, he heard her ask him to not leave her behind. This statue was made of alabaster, so naturally, he thought, “Okay…um…I’d love to bring you with me, but YOU’RE HEAVY!!!” So Mary told him, “I’ll lighten the load for you.” He was able to rescue both the statue and the Blessed Sacrament.

So in this article, they call the common depiction of St. Hyacinth - him with the Eucharist and a statue of Mary - a good depiction of “Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.”

I did a book report on a book about St. Hyacinth in sixth grade (which was right after I was getting into my music-and-kids-and-marriage-and-nothing-else phase).

I’m now discerning religious life with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.

tumblr_m5pllr1pSm1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

ETA: I didn't even know about the DSMME (beyond the fact that they had a TV show on EWTN) in sixth grade.

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

I was in the middle of doing a government test that took 2 hours to finish...

DiscerningCatholic

1003837_378295945604990_608607252_n.jpg

That's one of my friend's renditions of the DSMME logo...

Imma go hide in a corner now.