Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

March For Life In D.c. 2013. The Official Thread.


March 4 Life Poll!  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted (edited)

So the deadline for the March for Life sign ups this year is under a month again and my form and check goes in the mail tomorow. Totally exciting! Hope to see you all there! It's the closest thing I've had to a PM reunion. We had three at a time at one point and I met a random nun from PM. I walked around with a HUGE PM sign and got like 20 ppl asking question abut it and only two didn't comment everyone else said something positve. I stuck out. I wanted to so I could see more PMers. The strategy's the same I'm going with the same sign, tis been in my basement all year, and the Iron Man ski mask (Worn as a hat obviously) one top of my over 6' 1" body will hopefully find more PMer than it did last year. PM me for my cel. I think we should meet by the snack shack that's way overpriced on the mall side where the rally takes place personally but we can work it out. Here's some of the success last year. "A nation that kills it's youth has no hope." Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta.

























[url="http://i.imgur.com/mpYSF.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/mpYSF.jpg[/url]

Edited by ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

I still can't post pix right on here. GAAAAAAH!!!

Posted

Will be there. Cannot leave my group so if y'all do meet, find the Louisiana Delegation. I will be behind the banner of my school. We'll be the only school with a banner that is with the Louisiana Delegation. So I won't say my school.

Posted

Yep. Leading two buses this year marching under the Diocese of Lansing banner. :)

Posted

I won't be at the March this year, but there's a chance I'll be at the Vigil Mass at the basilica. We'll see.

Posted

Our parish is taking 40. Our diocese, three-four buses. The state, over five hundred and fifty teens. Geaux Louisiana!

Posted

That is amesome. We should have over 600 from Michigan, just from our diocese. Probably over 2,000 altogether state wide. One right to life group alone is taking 200.

FutureCarmeliteClaire
Posted (edited)

Will be there! HEY, THAT'S ME IN THE PICTURE!

I have plans (almost maybe, if all goes well) to meet up with the171, so...

Anyway, hope to meet you again, CCC!

And, I hope to meet more peeps!

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire
FutureCarmeliteClaire
Posted

BTW, I think we should ALL carry signs that say Phatmass. :)

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

I will have room mates that I've never had before this year should be interesting. The room mate I had last year is now married so he'll share a room with her. And it wont be the same day as the NFL conference championships. Our diosese sign ups (New Hampshire) are all done after halloween. We usually only have a few busses. Hopefully they won't think I'm a high schooler again this year ugh.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

I don't know of any groups from around here that are going. :(

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1350235463' post='2493309']
I don't know of any groups from around here that are going. :(
[/quote]

Doesn't sound like Maine loves life that much lol. I am fairly certain they would let you go with NH if it was convenient enough for you to head south like that. I knew of at least one case of a NH youth ministry taking a Mainer to Steubie East, even though that's Steubie East. We were always told anyone from NH could come, but if you weren't from the Granite State, and you asked, and they said yes: you could go. I can give you the contact info for the person in charge for the NH trip to the march in private.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1350237672' post='2493315']

Doesn't sound like Maine loves life that much lol. I am fairly certain they would let you go with NH if it was convenient enough for you to head south like that. I knew of at least one case of a NH youth ministry taking a Mainer to Steubie East, even though that's Steubie East. We were always told anyone from NH could come, but if you weren't from the Granite State, and you asked, and they said yes: you could go. I can give you the contact info for the person in charge for the NH trip to the march in private.
[/quote]

Yeah! I'll take the contact info. Thanks! :)

When's the deadline, though? I wouldn't know if I could even go until I talk with someone in HR at the new job.

Posted

I might be going with my family. :dance5:

mysisterisalittlesister
Posted

I'm going :woot:

Posted

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1350317372' post='2493646']
I'm going :woot:
[/quote]
:dance5:

PhuturePriest
Posted

I would love to go and meet a few of you (Which consists of everyone here except Claire because I don't want to be pepper sprayed for an attempt to hug), but unfortunately the chances of this are insignificant. Maybe when I'm old enough to go on a Phatmass meet-up and it's not eight States away.

FutureCarmeliteClaire
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350318348' post='2493656']
I would love to go and meet a few of you (Which consists of everyone here except Claire because I don't want to be pepper sprayed for an attempt to hug), but unfortunately the chances of this are insignificant. Maybe when I'm old enough to go on a Phatmass meet-up and it's not eight States away.
[/quote]
I am honored. :|

Posted

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1350318489' post='2493659']
I am honored. :|
[/quote]

Honor is a strong word.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...