An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Just Got Loads More Interesting.

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1350266605' post='2493492']
The name of Tim Staples' book is "Jimmy Swaggert made me Catholic." As a convert, that gives me the giggles every time I hear it.
[/quote]

Haha, that's so amesome! :)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350269083' post='2493508']

You mean DVD/CD. :) And yes, I grew up with Tim Staples. I have known him since I was four or five, and I get to speak to him every year. Walking up to him is like walking up to the book of knowledge. Ask him anything and he has the answer for it.
[/quote]

Wow, really? That's so amazing. I bet he'd be a really great and interesting person to talk to.

i<3franciscans

I LOVE Matthew Kelly! :) I am glad to see I am not the only one on here...

I am so happy you found an SD Spem in alium!!! Praying for you.

Spem in alium

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1350314173' post='2493636']
I LOVE Matthew Kelly! :) I am glad to see I am not the only one on here...

I am so happy you found an SD Spem in alium!!! Praying for you.
[/quote]

Thank you! Wishing you many blessings!

MissScripture

[quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1350234067' post='2493303']

I read a piece by Scott Hahn on covenants a little while ago, and it was pretty amazing. Never read Tim Staples, but I'll have a look at him too :)

:) That's fantastic. It's a really powerful book!

I haven't read that book, but would love to! I saw the film "Dead Man Walking" and it was so amazing. I bet the book would be even better!

Thank you! My SD is wonderful. I think she'll really be able to help with things, and thankfully the service is not too expensive for me to afford. I don't think the two prison-related areas of service are coincidental.To me, God is definitely behind it :) I'm not sure what His plans are for me, but I'm just going to go along with them.
[/quote]
The tshirt I had on yesterday was from when I was the stage manager for the play version of Dead Man Walking. Very powerful. We got to meet Sr. Helen. Working with prisoners definitley requires a strong spiritual life.

Spem, are you paying for Spiritual Direction? That seems unusual, but my personal experience with SD is fairly limited, so this may be more common than I think.

Spem in alium

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1350358459' post='2493870']
The tshirt I had on yesterday was from when I was the stage manager for the play version of Dead Man Walking. Very powerful. We got to meet Sr. Helen. Working with prisoners definitley requires a strong spiritual life.
[/quote]

I really liked your shirt :) Wow, it would have been so amazing to meet her! I can feel my spiritual life growing, and I hope that as I continue with this ministry it can develop further.

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1350359140' post='2493876']
Spem, are you paying for Spiritual Direction? That seems unusual, but my personal experience with SD is fairly limited, so this may be more common than I think.
[/quote]

I am. It's only $5 a session, and I think we're planning to meet once every three weeks. So it's affordable for me, but I have no idea of what the norm is. Like you, I have a limited experience with SD :)

Edited by Spem in alium

I am a spiritual director and have never, ever charged my directees anything, Some have, over the years, wanted to give me something , so I simply suggest they give those funds to their parish or another worthwhile Catholic charity.

Spem in alium

The email I got about spiritual direction asks for payment of $10 tops, and if a person can't afford it the Sisters will negotiate so that no one is ever refused the service. My first meeting was free of charge, and my director told me we can just work something out. I don't mind paying for something so worthwhile, but I do wonder what the motive is behind having a cost involved.