An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena To Mary Undo-er Of Knots - For Matermisericordiae

AnneLine

I love it as well -- she has an honored place in our living room....and I know she has helped ot resolve some serious things that were keeping me from using my counseling gifts.... things that need to be acknowledged, unknotted, and let go.....

Mater, I shared this novena with the Secular who gave me the gift nearly 20 years ago last evening... and she will be praying for you -- and for all of our knotty problems -- as well.

[center]~~~ + ~~~[/center]

Interesting article on Our Lady, Undoer of Knots here -- pasted below for thoughtful prayer:

[url="http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/features/mary_undoer_of_knots/"]http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/features/mary_undoer_of_knots/[/url]

[b]Mary, Undoer of Knots [/b]
[b]Where to Turn When All Else Fails [/b]

by Lori Hadacek Chaplinin [url="http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/features/category/faith/"]Faith[/url] on Friday, March 16, 2012 12:31 PM
[img]http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/images/dailyBlog/blog/cache/rsz_heart_knot-300x194.jpg[/img]

I once heard one of my favorite theologians, the late Father John Hardon, say in one of his audiotape series that there are no coincidences in life — that everything happens for a reason. Consequently, when I was introduced to a new Marian devotion, I felt it was revealed to me at that time for a purpose.

I had been asking God and the Blessed Mother to help heal a rift between me and an extended family member. Per usual, I had allowed my all-too-quick tongue to say something that I hadn’t really meant to say — something an apology would not easily mend.

The devotion that came to my attention is called [i]Mary, Undoer of Knots[/i]. When I first heard this unusual title for Mary I thought, like many of her titles, it was referring to an apparition site. A little research clarified that this devotion stemmed from an action of Mary, an action of her undoing or untying knots, not an apparition.

The “knots” in Our Lady’s title refer to anything that separates us from God and our fellow man. I immediately thought of the knot of division in my family that had been weighing heavily on my heart.

There is [url="http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/77/Mary-Untier-of-Knots-1.jpg"]a beautiful image associated with the Mary, Undoer of Knots[/url] which especially drew me to this devotion. It’s a Baroque-style painting done in the 1700s by an unknown painter (though recently alleged to be painted by a German artist named Johann Georg Melchior Schmidtner) depicting the Virgin Mary dressed resplendently in crimson and deep blue. In her hands is a knotted white ribbon, which she is serenely untying with the cooperation of two angels. Above her head is the approving and guiding presence of the Holy Spirit. Crushed under her feet is the head of the serpent with a coiled and knotted body. The painting is still housed in St. Peter Church in Perlach, Germany.

The artwork appears to have been based on a reference to the Blessed Virgin as the “untier” of knots by Saint Irenaeus. In his writings titled Adversus Haereses (Against Heresies), the Bishop contemplates Saint Paul’s parallel between Adam and Christ, comparing Eve and the Virgin Mary, saying:

[i]“Eve, by her disobedience, tied the knot of disgrace for the human race; whereas Mary, by Her obedience, undid it…For what the virgin Eve had bound fast through unbelief, this did the Virgin Mary set free through faith.” [/i]

[b]Spreading Devotion [/b]

Since 1998, devotion to Mary Undoer of Knots has spread through the work of Denis and Dr. Suzel Frem Bourgerie — particularly in South America. Dr. Bourgerie published a booklet titled [url="http://www.maryundoerofknots.com/novena.htm"]Mary, Undoer of Knots Novena[/url] with nihil obstat and imprimatur. Later the couple founded the [url="http://www.maryundoerofknots.com/sanctuary.htm"]National Sanctuary of Mary Undoer of Knots[/url] in Campinas (Sao Paulo) Brazil. In 2006, the shrine was inaugurated.

In her booklet, Dr. Bourgerie’s writes about the knots each of us suffer. [i]“How they suffocate the soul, beat us down, betray the heart’s joy and even the will to continue living.”[/i] She goes on to say: [i]“… The Virgin Mary does not want this to continue anymore in your life. She comes to you today for you to give her all these snarls because she will undo them one by one.”[/i]
I’d like to say that after saying the Mary, Undoer of Knots Novena there was a miraculous mending of the familial rift, but it has actually been a much slower process. I am comforted knowing that I have turned over my problem to the most patient of knot untiers, Our Lady.

[i]—Senior writer Lori Hadacek Chaplin is a wife and mother of three.[/i]

[b]NOVENA, DAY THREE:[/b]

SHORT VERSION: [url="http://www.desatadora.com.ar/novena-i.htm"][color=#0000FF]http://www.desatadora.com.ar/novena-i.htm[/color][/url]

[indent=1][b][font=Verdana]Prayer to the Virgin Mary as Untier of Knots[/font][/b]

[font=Verdana]Holy Mary, full of the presence of God, during your life[/font]
[font=Verdana]you accepted with great humility the holy will of the father[/font]
[font=Verdana]and the legacy of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ, and evil[/font]
[font=Verdana]never dared to entangle you with its confusion. Since then[/font]
[font=Verdana]you have interceded for all of our difficulties as you did[/font]
[font=Verdana]at the wedding feast of Cana. With all simplicity and with[/font]
[font=Verdana]patience, you have given us an example of how to untangle[/font]
[font=Verdana]the knots in our complicated lives. By being our mother[/font]
[font=Verdana]forever you arrange and make clear the path that unites us[/font]
[font=Verdana]to Our Lord.[/font]

[font=Verdana]Holy Mary, Mother of God and ours, with your maternal heart,[/font]
[font=Verdana]untie the knots that upset our lives. We ask you to receive[/font]
[font=Verdana]into your hands (here mention your prayer request) and[/font]
[font=Verdana]deliver us from the chains and confusion that restrain us.[/font]
[font=Verdana]Blessed Virgin Mary, through your grace, your intercession[/font]
[font=Verdana]and by your example, deliver us from evil, and untie the[/font]
[font=Verdana]knots that keep us from being united to God. So that free[/font]
[font=Verdana]of all confusion and error, we may find him in all things,[/font]
[font=Verdana]keep him in our hearts, and serve him always in our[/font]
[font=Verdana]brothers and sisters. Mother of Good Counsel pray for us.[/font]
[font=Verdana]Amen.[/font][/indent]

[font=Tahoma]We begin with our daily prayers, making the Sign of the Cross and praying the Act of Contrition so that God will enter our hearts, and he will brings us near to the Virgin Mary.[/font]

[b][font=Tahoma]The Sign of the Cross[/font][/b]

[b][font=Tahoma]Act of Contrition[/font][/b]

[font=Tahoma]Blessed Virgin Mary, the one who unties the knots, in marriage, in people and of nations, I offer you this novena[/font]
[font=Tahoma]requesting the following intentions:[/font]

[font=Tahoma](mention here the favors that you wish to obtain)[/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size="2"]Third day:[/size][/b] [/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font="Tahoma"] [/font][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Bible reading:[/size][/font] [/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]«[/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Mary said, “ Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"] [/font][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]“[/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Then the Angel departed from her.” » ( Luke 1, 38 )[/size][/font] [/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Brief Reflection:[/size][/font] [/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]T[/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]he Virgin Mary meekly undergoes the designs of God, alt-hough with certain reservations. ".. How can this beif[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]I do not know man?…she accepts, with some concerns. How many doubts will we have when we have moved[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]away from God, and in our mistakes, we have knitted a useless cobweb of knots. Let us give our griefs to the[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]counsel of Mary.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font=Tahoma](Brief meditation: meditate with one decade of the Holy Rosary: One Our Father, 10 Hail Mary’s, One Glory be and[/font]
[font=Tahoma]the Prayer to “The Virgin Mary untier of Knots”)[/font][/size][/font][/font][/font][/font][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font=Tahoma][b]Our Father[/b][/font]

[b][font=Tahoma]The Hail Mary[/font][/b]

[b][font=Tahoma]Glory Be[/font][/b][/size][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3]~~~~~ + + + ~~~~~ [/size][/font][/font]

[i][color=#0000FF][size=5]For those who prefer to do the full 5 decade Rosary Novena - it is very beautiful and very powerful:[/size][/color][size=3][color=#0000FF] [/color][/size][/i]

[color=#0000FF][b]NOVENA, DAY ONE:[/b]

LONG VERSION: [/color][url="http://www.theholyrosary.org/maryundoerknots"][color=#0000FF]http://www.theholyrosary.org/maryundoerknots[/color][/url]

[color=#0000FF]1. Make the sign of the cross

2. Say the Act of Contrition. Ask pardon for your sins and make a firm promise not to commit them again.
[i]Oh my God I am heartily sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell. But most of all, because I offended you, oh my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen[/i]

3. Say the first 3 decades of the Rosary.

4. Make the meditation of the day (to be posted each day)

5. Say the last 2 decades of the rosary

6. Finish with the [/color][color=#0000FF]Prayer to Our Lady the Undoer of Knots[/color]

[color=#0000FF][size=5][b]Meditation for Day 3 [/b][/size]

Meditating Mother, Queen of heaven, in whose hands the treasures of the King are found, turn your merciful eyes upon me today. I entrust into your holy hands this knot in my life...and allthe rancor and resentment it has caused in me. I ask Your forgiveness, God teh Father, for my sin. Help me now to forgive all the persons who consciously or unconsciously provoked this knot. Give me, also, the grace to forgive me for having provoked this knot. Only in this way can You undo it. Before You, dearest Mother, and in the name of Your Son Jesus, my Savior, who has suffered so many offenses, having been granted forgiveness, I now forgive these persons...and myself, forever. Thank you, Mary, Undoer of Knots for undoing the knot of rancor in my heart and the knot which I now present to you. Amen.

Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me.

[b][i]Turn to Mary, you who desire grace.[/i][/b][/color]

[color=#0000FF]PRAYER TO MARY, UNDOER OF KNOTS (Closing Prayer)

Virgin Mary, Mother of fair love, Mother who never refuses to come to the aid of a child in need, Mother whose hands never cease to serve your beloved children because they are moved by the divine love and immense mercy that exists in your heart, cast your compassionate eyes upon me and see the snarl of knots that exist in my life.[/color]

[color=#0000FF]You know very well how desperate I am, my pain and how I am bound by these knots. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Mary, Mother to whom God entrusted the undoing of the knots in the lives of his children, I entrust into your hands the ribbon of my life. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]No one, not even the Evil One himself, can take it away from your precious care. In your hands there is no knot that cannot be undone. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Powerful Mother, by your grace and intercessory power with Your Son and My Liberator, Jesus, take into your hands today this knot...I beg you to undo it for the glory of God, once for all, You are my hope. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]O my Lady, you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength, the enrichment of my destitution and with Christ the freedom from my chains. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Hear my plea. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Keep me, guide me, protect me, O safe refuge!

Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me[/color]

[center][color=#0000FF][img]http://files.internetgebetskreis.com/200000757-aa557aacf8/maryknots%20X.png[/img][/color][/center]

Edited by AnneLine

[b]NOVENA, DAY FOUR:[/b]

SHORT VERSION: [url="http://www.desatadora.com.ar/novena-i.htm"][color=#0000FF]http://www.desatadora.com.ar/novena-i.htm[/color][/url]

[indent=1][b][font=Verdana]Prayer to the Virgin Mary as Untier of Knots[/font][/b]

[font=Verdana]you accepted with great humility the holy will of the father[/font]

[font=Verdana]Holy Mary, Mother of God and ours, with your maternal heart,[/font]
[font=Verdana]untie the knots that upset our lives. We ask you to receive[/font]

[b][font=Tahoma]We begin with our daily prayers, making the Sign of the Cross and praying the Act of Contrition so that God will enter our hearts, and he will brings us near to the Virgin Mary.[/font]

[font=Tahoma]Blessed Virgin Mary, the one who unties the knots, in marriage, in people and of nations, I offer you this novena[/font]
[font=Tahoma]requesting the following intentions:[/font]

[font=Tahoma](mention here the favors that you wish to obtain)[/font][/b]

[b][font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Fourth day:[/size][/font][/b]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Bible reading:[/size][/font] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"] [/font][/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]«[/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"] 15 When the angels had left them and gone back to heaven, the[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]shepherds said to one another, "Let us go as far as Bethlehem and[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]see what the Lord has made known to us." 16 So they came[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]hurriedly and found Mary and Joseph with the baby lying in the[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]manger. 17 On seeing this they related what they had been told[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]about the child, 18 and all were astonished on hearing the[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]shepherds.19 As for Mary, she treasured all these messages[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]and continually pondered over them.» (Luke 2, 15-19)[/size][/font] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Brief Reflection:[/size][/font] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"] [/font][/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]T[/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]hey went to Bethlehem, where they found the Child, “The word made flesh", the only Truth. Let us walk through[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]our desert, that with the guidence of the Archangel Raphael, that we may come closer to Mary Mother of the[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Church, and with her to Jesus. Little by little, the knots of error that make us prisoners will be untied.[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"] [/font][/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]“[/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]The Truth shall set us free”. Let us walk in confidence towards our liberation.”[/size][/font] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b][size=2][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]([/size][/font][font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Brief meditation: meditate with one decade of the Holy Rosary: One Our Father, 10 Hail Mary’s, One Glory be[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]and the Prayer to “Our Virgin Mary untier of Knots”)[/size][/font] [/size][/b][/size][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3] [/size][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][b]Our Father[/b]

[b][font=Tahoma]Glory Be[/font][/b][/size][/font][/font][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3]~~~~~ + + + ~~~~~ [/size][/font][/font]

[i][color=#0000FF][size=5]For those who prefer to do the full 5 decade Rosary Novena - it is very beautiful and very powerful:[/size][/color][size=3][color=#0000FF] [/color][/size][/i]

[color=#0000FF][b]NOVENA, DAY FOUR:[/b]

LONG VERSION: [/color][url="http://www.theholyrosary.org/maryundoerknots"][color=#0000FF]http://www.theholyrosary.org/maryundoerknots[/color][/url]

2. Say the Act of Contrition. Ask pardon for your sins and make a firm promise not to commit them again.
[i]Oh my God I am heartily sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell. But most of all, because I offended you, oh my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen[/i]

6. Finish with the [/color][color=#0000FF]Prayer to Our Lady the Undoer of Knots[/color]

[color=#0000FF][size=5][b]Meditation for Day 4[/b][/size]

Dearest Holy Mother, you are generous with all who seek you, have mercy on me. I entrust into your hands this knot which robs the peace of my heart, paralyzes my soul and keeps me from going to my Lord and serving Him with my life.
Undo this knot in my love...., O mother, and ask Jesus to heal my paralytic faith which gets down hearted with the stones on the road. Along with you, dearest Mother, may I see these stones as friends. Not murmuring against them anymore but giving endless thanks for them, may I smile trustingly in your power.

[i]Mary is the Sun and no one is deprived of her warmth.[/i][/color]

Virgin Mary, Mother of fair love, Mother who never refuses to come to the aid of a child in need, Mother whose hands never cease to serve your beloved children because they are moved by the divine love and immense mercy that exists in your heart, cast your compassionate eyes upon me and see the snarl of knots that exist in my life.
You know very well how desperate I am, my pain and how I am bound by these knots. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Mary, Mother to whom God entrusted the undoing of the knots in the lives of his children, I entrust into your hands the ribbon of my life. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]No one, not even the Evil One himself, can take it away from your precious care. In your hands there is no knot that cannot be undone. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Powerful Mother, by your grace and intercessory power with Your Son and My Liberator, Jesus, take into your hands today this knot...I beg you to undo it for the glory of God, once for all, You are my hope. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]O my Lady, you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength, the enrichment of my destitution and with Christ the freedom from my chains. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Keep me, guide me, protect me, o safe refuge!

Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me[/color]

[center][color=#0000FF][img]http://files.internetgebetskreis.com/200000757-aa557aacf8/maryknots%20X.png[/img][/color][/center]

[b]NOVENA, DAY FIVE:[/b]

[font=Tahoma]We begin with our daily prayers, making the Sign of the Cross and praying the Act of Contrition so that God will enter our hearts, and he will brings us near to the Virgin Mary.[/font]

[font=Tahoma]Blessed Virgin Mary, the one who unties the knots, in marriage, in people and of nations, I offer you this novena [/font][font=Tahoma]requesting the following intentions:[/font]

[font=Tahoma][b][font=Tahoma]Fifth day:[/font][/b] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Bible Reading:[/font] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]« 7 Ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened. 8 For everyone who [/font][font=Tahoma]asks, receives; whoever seeks, finds; and the door will be opened to him who knocks. » (Mathew 7, 7-8)[/font] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Brief Reflection:[/font] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]([/font][font=Tahoma]The Heart of Mary is opened to us, like the door to heaven. We only need to ask for her help and her maternal [/font][font=Tahoma]arms will open for our tor-tured spirits. In her we will find the solution to our problems, balm for our pain, and [/font][font=Tahoma]answers to our doubts. Mary our help, intercede for us.)[/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font=Tahoma](Brief meditation: meditate with one decade of the Holy Rosary: One Our Father, 10 Hail Mary’s, One Glory be and [/font][font=Tahoma]the Prayer to “The Virgin Mary untier of Knots”)[/font]

[font=Tahoma][b]Our Father[/b][/font]

Edited by AnneLine

[color=#0000FF][b][color=#222222]NOVENA, DAY FIVE:[/color][/b]

6. Finish with the Prayer to Our Lady the Undoer of Knots

Meditation for Day 5

Mother, Undoer of Knots, generous and compassionate, I come to You today to once again entrust this knot...in my life to you and to ask the divine wisdom to undo, under the light of the Holy Spirit, this snarl of problems. No one ever saw you angry; to the contrary, your words were so charged with sweetness that the Holy Spirit was manifested on your lips. Take away from me the bitterness, anger and hatred which this knot has caused me. Give me, o dearest Mother, some of the sweetness and wisdom that is all silently reflected in your heart. And just as you were present at Pentecost, ask Jesus to send me a new presence of the Holy Spirit at this moment in my life. Holy Spirit, come upon me!

[i]Mary, with God, is powerful.[/i][/color]

Virgin Mary, Mother of fair love, Mother who never refuses to come to the aid of a child in need, Mother whose hands never cease to serve your beloved children because they are moved by the divine love and immense mercy that exists in your heart, cast your compassionate eyes upon me and see the snarl of knots that exist in my life. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]You know very well how desperate I am, my pain and how I am bound by these knots. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Powerful Mother, by your grace and intercessory power with Your Son and My Liberator, Jesus, take into [/color]
[color=#0000FF]your hands today this knot...I beg you to undo it for the glory of God, once for all, You are my hope. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]O my Lady, you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength, the enrichment of my destitution and with Christ the freedom from my chains.
Hear my plea. [/color]

[b]Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for me![/b][/color]

[center][color=#0000FF][b][color=#0000FF][img]http://files.internetgebetskreis.com/200000757-aa557aacf8/maryknots%20X.png[/img][/color][/b][/color][/center]

Edited by AnneLine

[b]NOVENA, DAY SIX:[/b]

[font=Tahoma]Blessed Virgin Mary, the one who unties the knots, in marriage, in people and of nations, I offer you this novena [/font][font=Tahoma]requesting the following intentions:[/font]

[font=Tahoma][b][font=Tahoma]Sixth day:[/font][/b] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Bible reading:[/font] [/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]4 [/font][font=Tahoma]Jesus replied, "Woman, your thoughts are not mine! My hour has not yet come." 5 However his mother said to the servants, "Do what-ever he tells you." (John 2, 4-5)[/font] [/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Brief Reflection:[/font] [/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]At the wedding feast of Cana , the patient Virgin Mary intercedes for the guest. With this act, she inaugurates her [/font][font=Tahoma]Mediation between the Son of God and men. The faithful servant of the Lord, is our most humble and maternal [/font][font=Tahoma]servant, in our afflictions, despairs, tribulations and wrongs doings. She is the Mediatrix of all graces, to which [/font][font=Tahoma]we commend ourselves in our intricate problems, that with her maternal hands, she will untie the knots that [/font][font=Tahoma]still imprison us.[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][size=3][font=Tahoma](Brief meditation: meditate with one decade of the Holy Rosary: One Our Father, 10 Hail Mary’s, One Glory be and [/font][font=Tahoma]the Prayer to “The Virgin Mary untier of Knots”)[/font]

Edited by AnneLine

[color=#0000FF][b][color=#222222]NOVENA, DAY SIX:[/color][/b]

Meditation for Day 6

Queen of Mercy, I entrust to you this knot in my life...and I ask you to give me a heart that is patient until you undo it. Teach me to persevere in the living word of Jesus, in the Eucharist, the Sacrament of Confession; stay with me and perpare my heart to celebrate with the angels the grace that will be granted to me. Amen! Alleluia!

[i][b]You are beautiful, Mary, and there is no stain of sin in You.[/b][/i][/color]

Virgin Mary, Mother of fair love, Mother who never refuses to come to the aid of a child in need, Mother whose hands never cease to serve your beloved children because they are moved by the divine love and immense mercy that exists in your heart, cast your compassionate eyes upon me and see the snarl of knots that exist in my life. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]Powerful Mother, by your grace and intercessory power with Your Son and My Liberator, Jesus, take into [/color]
[color=#0000FF]your hands today this knot...I beg you to undo it for the glory of God, once for all, You are my hope. [/color]

[color=#0000FF]O my Lady, you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength, the enrichment of my destitution and with Christ the freedom from my chains.
Hear my plea. [/color]

[center][color=#0000FF][b][color=#0000FF][img]http://files.internetgebetskreis.com/200000757-aa557aacf8/maryknots%20X.png[/img][/color][/b][/color][/center]

Thank you to all of you who have been keeping up with this prayer. I feel so bad that I haven't been praying it myself, but I have been incredibly busy with homework! The semester is drawing to a close on December 5 so the work is getting more and more difficult since we have a little more than a month left. I am happy to say that all of this hard work is paying off though because I still have "A" averages in all of my classes! :)

I think everyone 'makes' the Novena in their own way. It is 9 days of prayer -- two options for praying it are being listed each day; perhaps God as a million other ways that we an support you in prayer, Mater.....

Congrats on your average!

[b]NOVENA, DAY SEVEN:[/b]

[font=Tahoma][b][font=Tahoma]Seventh day:[/font][/b] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Bible reading:[/font] [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]“ It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.”(Luke 23, 44)[/font] [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Brief Reflection:[/font] [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Th[/font][font=Tahoma]e Father’s will is about to be acomplished; Our Lord Jesus Christ will die on the cross for our salvation, in the [/font][font=Tahoma]promise of his Resurrec-tion. From the darkness the light will shine to illumine us, freedom from darkness.[/font] [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]We already see our problems with more clarity. Our ties loosen, in the measure in which they conform to the [/font][font=Tahoma]Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. At this time we are closer to his Mother, the Virgin Mary.[/font] [/font][/font][/font]

Edited by AnneLine

[color=#0000FF][b][color=#222222]NOVENA, DAY SEVEN:[/color][/b]

Meditation for Day 7

Mother Most Pure, I come to You today to beg you to undo this knot in my life...and free me from the snares of Evil. God has granted you great power over all the demons. I renounce all of them today, every connection I have had with them and I proclaim Jesus as my one and only Lord and Savior. Mary, Undoer of Knots, crush the Evil One's head and destroy the traps he has set for me by this knot. Thank you, dearest Mother. Most Precious Blood of Jesus, free me!

[i]You are the glory of Jerusalem, the joy of our people.[/i][/color]

[color=#0000FF]O my Lady, you are the only consolation God gives me, the fortification of my feeble strength, the enrichment of my destitution and with Christ the freedom from my chains.[/color]

[b]NOVENA, DAY EIGHT:[/b]

[font=Tahoma][b][font=Tahoma]Eighth day:[/font][/b] [/font]

[font=Tahoma][font=Tahoma]Bible Reading:[/font] [/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]« 26 When Jesus saw his Mother, and the disciple whom he loved, he said to his Mother, "Woman,[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]there is your son." 27 Then he said to the disciple, "There is your mother." And from that moment the[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]disci-ple took her to his own home. » (John 19, 26-27)[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"] [/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]Brief Reflection:[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"] [/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]At the moment Jesús went to the Father, he leaves us in the care of his Mother. It is the greatest legacy that Jesús[/size][/font] [font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]left to Our Virgin Mary, and when he points out to the disciple he loves, he gives her custody of the whole[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]humanity. She will be our Advocate, Helper, Benefac-tress, and Mediatrix. The handmaid of the Lord, will[/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="-1"]grant us freedom through her intercesión, she will untie the final knots that make us prisoners.[/size][/font]