An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting For A 3rd Party Is Voting For Obama.

Freedom

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351171685' post='2497510']
I think this is going to be one of those "I told you so" threads someone looks back on in about 4 years.
[/quote]
Why wait 4 years? The third party voters should look back on 2004 as a "told you so" moment, since Dubya's victory was arguably of paramount importance to getting Obama elected. I voted for Dubya, btw. I may vote third party this year--most likely I shall.

The bottom line is that Catholic are permitted to vote for Romney or vote for another candidate with a better record on non-negotiables. This isn't difficult to understand.

If you keep misleading the people out there, I will keep telling the truth even if I have to repeat myself a million times. So one more time, unless you are a Democrat, a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for Obama. This is a country with two major parties, a 3rd party doesn't even have a prayer to win this presidential election.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351202707' post='2497684']
If you keep misleading the people out there, I will keep telling the truth even if I have to repeat myself a million times. So one more time, unless you are a Democrat, a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for Obama. This is a country with two major parties, a 3rd party doesn't even have a prayer to win this presidential election.
[/quote]

You keep repeating this and yet you won't explain you're position. How is a vote for let's say Gary Johnson (Whom I don't like that much) a vote for Obama?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351203187' post='2497685']

You keep repeating this and yet you won't explain you're position. How is a vote for let's say Gary Johnson (Whom I don't like that much) a vote for Obama?
[/quote]
Clearly if you do not agree with a guy whose very username is Freedom, you must hate freedom.

I did explain my position. I know you're young, that's why I will repeat myself. So, one more time, there are only two people who can win the presidency. A vote away from Mit Romney will help Obama win a second term. If that's what you want then vote for a 3rd party, or stay home which is easier. I hope I made myself clear this time.

I do not think it has been sufficiently explained as to exactly what sort of magic makes one act turn into a different act. Does not seem to match any version of Catholic moral philosophy with which I am familiar.
Besides, we Catholics are not cool with magic, so get out of here.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1351166427' post='2497499']
I scanned through this thread and couldn't find it...maybe I missed it...if not, could someone help explain this simply to me?

1) Could someone explain if person X votes for a 3rd party it is a vote for Obama?

[/quote]

Why is it that so many people are dancing around this question?

The Catholic church wants us to use our brain, make sense and do the right thing. When there are only two people running, who can win the election we must vote for the one that will do the least harm to the unborn babies and to the Catholic church, which is without a doubt Mitt Romney. A 3rd party can only divide our votes and may give Obama a second term.

Unless you are an Obama voter you are either voting for him or throwing your vote away. A 3rd party is like voting for Santa Claus, they both have the same chance to win. If this is too difficult for you to understand, then don't vote at all. America is better off without your vote.

MissScripture

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351205598' post='2497701']
No one is more dumber than those who do not want to understand. I rest my case.
[/quote]
rotfl
This post just made my night.

If everyone voted with their brain, would Romney or Obama receive enough votes to win? What if intelligent people rejected the notion that they [i]had [/i]to vote for one of the two major candidates? What if people opened their eyes to the reality that voting for the lesser to two evils is still voting for evil?

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1351205768' post='2497704']
If everyone voted with their brain, would Romney or Obama receive enough votes to win? What if intelligent people rejected the notion that they [i]had [/i]to vote for one of the two major candidates? What if people opened their eyes to the reality that voting for the lesser to two evils is still voting for evil?
[/quote]props

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351205598' post='2497701']
No one is more dumber than those who do not want to understand. I rest my case.
[/quote]

Isn't it getting close to your bed time kiddo?

I know you are young, but you will learn very quickly this is not the way to try and win a debate. It's just an [i]ad hominem [/i]which any moron can do. Think your arguments through, hear what the others are saying. Actually refute points. Otherwise it is a pointless waste of time.

[size=1]Although it does provide entertainment to watch how trolls are responded to.... [/size]

Edited by To Jesus Through Mary