An Old School Catholic Message Board

Celebrating Halloween

BarbTherese

Thanks nunsense. Your departure date for Carmel Wolverhampton must be not far now!
I am thinking that for next year, and I have twelve months to prepare, I might dress up as an angel with my bowl of lollies, sheets of coloured paper - and do some trick or treating of my own. The Lord knows what He is about in small and great - even if I feel my planned fun on halloween 2012 was spoilt :)
The bus to my voluntary place of work passes a hire costume place.
It is strange to have no costumed children with parents in tow knocking at my door.
I saw in my Inbox this morning that there is some sort of Catholic article about striving to inject the Christian meaning of halloween. Haven't read it yet.

In Adelaide, Sth Aust, we are seeing the devestation on all news reports. It is terrible - loss of lives, injuries, loss of homes, loss of employment .......... major losses everywhere. Good to read, CM, that you were not badly affected, although it must have been a very frightening and anxiety raising situation for you anticipating a terrible storm and not knowing quite where it might leave you along with neighbours friends and family.
Adelaide is built on a fault line that regularly moves, although most times it is so minor we don't feel it - although back in 1956 or so I think it was, we certainly did feel the ground move. I studied Natural Disasters when a student and the majesty and power, great beauty and unpredictability often, of nature was incredible - and somewhat disturbing.

Keeping those in any way affected by Sandy in prayer along with the elections in the USA.