An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Early Voted (and I'm Going To Hell)

kujo

Because I voted for Obama and pretty much all Democrats. Not something I feel particularly proud of--in fact, I feel the same way now that I did in 2008 when I voted for Sen. McCain: I wanted to pick the other guy, but couldn't make peace with it, nor could I rationalize some of the reservations I had. In '08, those reservations pertained to Obama's total lack of executive and political experience; in '12, those reservations pertained to Romney's tax plan and how not even Harry Potter could make that math work. I walked out of the voting booth then the way I walked out just not--feeling dissatisfied and hoping God knew my choice was made with only the sincerest of hearts.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351623572' post='2500418']
You voted for Obama? Stop reading DC comics and read The Politics of Money or something.
[/quote]

Dude, I do more political reading than comic reading. Remember, I'm in grad school for Political Science. You can't imagine the amount of article reading and writing that I do for my various seminars and thesis advisors each week. Ask BG45 about it...he's right there with me.

eagle_eye222001

Do you want me to join in your personal condemnation?

Because I'm not going too.

If you voted your conscience and you properly formed it, then how can you condemn yourself to hell? Unless you know you made the wrong choice, which you must think you did as you have written yourself off to hell which is quite troubling.

Obviously even writing in yourself wasn't a viable option apparently although that may have already been discussed previously so no need to go into it.

Don't resign yourself to hell. That's stupid. We are all living through a life of choices and situations. We need to do the best we can, and when we don't....we simply need to seek forgiveness and resolve to do better next time. You think the rest of us are perfect angels on here?

We all fall. What matters is how we deal with how we fall. The greatest thing is that it doesn't matter how far we fall...we can always get back in God's grace if we simply extend a hand.

Thanks for the words, bro. I was sorta being self-deprecating there. I think I made the best choice I could have in this case.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351623846' post='2500422']

Dude, I do more political reading than comic reading. Remember, I'm in grad school for Political Science. You can't imagine the amount of article reading and writing that I do for my various seminars and thesis advisors each week. Ask BG45 about it...he's right there with me.
[/quote]

I was just joking because I know you love DC comics. I'm sure you looked into it a lot before you made the decision.

The real joke here is that his conscience told him to vote third-party, but we all know what happens when you do [i]that[/i].

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351622817' post='2500413']
Because I voted for Obama and pretty much all Democrats. Not something I feel particularly proud of--in fact, I feel the same way now that I did in 2008 when I voted for Sen. McCain: I wanted to pick the other guy, but couldn't make peace with it, nor could I rationalize some of the reservations I had. In '08, those reservations pertained to Obama's total lack of executive and political experience; in '12, those reservations pertained to Romney's tax plan and how not even Harry Potter could make that math work. I walked out of the voting booth then the way I walked out just not--feeling dissatisfied and hoping God knew my choice was made with only the sincerest of hearts.
[/quote]

Way to go ! A confusing tax plan trumps death and homosexual marriage any day.

Just wondering, how did make peace with Obama's tax plan ?

ed

i<3franciscans

[/quote]
:cry4: <_<

I just don't see the hope all of you find in Obama...

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1351629822' post='2500473']
He didnt. That's what he said.
[/quote]

Well, actually he said he had reservations to Romneys tax plan, never mentioned Obama's plan to let the Bush tax cut for the middle class to expire or the fact Obama feels he can tax the rich to cover his outrageous spending, despite the fact if you took all the monies of the so called 2% it would not pay one days interest on the money he has spent.

ed

Because I voted for Obama .......
[/quote]

LIKE I NEED TO READ ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

You really need to open your mind and listen to Freedom.

I think if you REALLY listen, you will feel remorse for your vote.

Then, hit up confession, and hope the Good Lord will forgive you.

I guess you can say that my vote wasn't an affirmation of Obama, so much as it was a vote against a guy running as this sage business man who is trying to convince the American people that 2+2=10. In doing so, his whole candidacy is called into question--either he knows the math doesn't add up and he's lying, or he [i]doesn't[/i] know the math doesn't add up, and he's incompetent. Nevertheless, this was not an affirmative vote on my part. I do not approve of an awful lot of what he has accomplished in his first term. You can also count me as one of the few in this country who doesn’t “like” him—I find him smug, arrogant, self-possessed and convinced of his own greatness. In short, he’s just another politician, not the generational hero that many of his supporters in ’08 were duped into believing he was. I also find much of his rhetoric despicable—I don’t want to hear my president talk about class, or gender, warfare. It’s unbecoming of him and his office. But despite his many warts, I have to support him, because while I think the path he has us on might not be the best path, I know that what Romney wants to do will surely lead to increased deficits—at home and with our national creditor, China— and a return to the sort of “wild west” atmosphere that led us into the hole we’re in now. The more I think about it, the more I feel the same way I did back in 2008, only in reverse—back then, I wanted to vote for Obama, but couldn’t because I just didn’t think this neophyte was up to the task (an opinion I believe has been vindicated over the last 4 years, by the way); today, I want to vote for Romney, but I just don’t believe his plans are what we need to move forward as a nation.

Oh, and I am in favor of gay marriage.

And I don't think the next president will make much of an actual impact on abortions in the next 4 years.

And I do have a conscience, and it's telling me [b]not[/b] to call dUst an assclown. So I won't.