An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Early Voted (and I'm Going To Hell)

kujo

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1351631348' post='2500504']
You really need to open your mind and listen to Freedom.
I think if you REALLY listen, you will feel remorse for your vote.
Then, hit up confession, and hope the Good Lord will forgive you.
[/quote]
Finally. The first sensible thing you've posted in weeks.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351632536' post='2500529']
And I do have a conscience, and it's telling me [b]not[/b] to call dUst an assclown. So I won't.
[/quote]
And I thank you for that. That would have sucked.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351632427' post='2500527']
I guess you can say that my vote wasn't an affirmation of Obama, so much as it was a vote against a guy running as this sage business man who is trying to convince the American people that 2+2=10. In doing so, his whole candidacy is called into question--either he knows the math doesn't add up and he's lying, or he [i]doesn't[/i] know the math doesn't add up, and he's incompetent. Nevertheless, this was not an affirmative vote on my part. I do not approve of an awful lot of what he has accomplished in his first term. You can also count me as one of the few in this country who doesn’t “like” him—I find him smug, arrogant, self-possessed and convinced of his own greatness. In short, he’s just another politician, not the generational hero that many of his supporters in ’08 were duped into believing he was. I also find much of his rhetoric despicable—I don’t want to hear my president talk about class, or gender, warfare. It’s unbecoming of him and his office. But despite his many warts, I have to support him, because while I think the path he has us on might not be the best path, I know that what Romney wants to do will surely lead to increased deficits—at home and with our national creditor, China— and a return to the sort of “wild west” atmosphere that led us into the hole we’re in now. The more I think about it, the more I feel the same way I did back in 2008, only in reverse—back then, I wanted to vote for Obama, but couldn’t because I just didn’t think this neophyte was up to the task (an opinion I believe has been vindicated over the last 4 years, by the way); today, I want to vote for Romney, but I just don’t believe his plans are what we need to move forward as a nation.
[/quote]
It's outright weird to vote for Obama on the basis of the debt and fiscal responsibility. Since in office, he's done nothing but add to the national debt, pushing it to an unthinkable $16 trillion.

While Romney/Ryan's plan is grossly inadequate,Obama shows no evidence of any real plan at all, beyond continuing to borrow and spend like there's no tomorrow.

As the great Mark Steyn put it, (I paraphrase), Obama is driving us full throttle over the fiscal cliff, while Romney would only slow us into third gear. A few tax hikes on the rich (which would further slow economic growth and job creation) will scarcely put a dent in our beyond-astronomical debt.

[quote] . . and a return to the sort of[s] “wild west” atmosphere[/s] government manipulation of markets that led us into the hole we’re in now.[/quote]
fixed

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351623572' post='2500418']
You voted for Obama? Stop reading DC comics and read The Politics of Money or something.
[/quote]
The Joker made him do it.

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1351640914' post='2500640']
The Joker made him do it.
[/quote]

The Joker doesn't strike you as more of a Gary Johnson type?

If anything, I'd think it would be the Penguin who'd be down with Obama, though he'd probably also be a fan of Romney for the same reasons.

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1351640193' post='2500627']
Shame on you.

(Though I can't say I'm shocked.)
[/quote]

Really? Because both my mother (a Democrat), my father (a Republican) and my fiancee (a Democrat) were all stunned. Guess I'm better at expressing my generally-conservative views in person that I am on teh inturwebz.

And I want to be clear: I did [b]not [/b]choose to vote for the President because I believe he is "fiscally responsible."

Neither candidate has offered up much of anything to meet these seemingly insurmountable tasks that lie ahead. President Obama has spent almost all of his campaign attacking Gov. Romney’s plans while offering very little concrete plans of his own. He’s also failed to convince this undecided voter that he has recognized and learned from his many failings during his first term, not the least of which includes this current tragedy with our ambassador in Benghazi and the evidence that is now coming to light of the inept response to the attack and a possible attempt to conceal what really happened. I’ve said for 4 years that Obama needs to be held accountable, and I believe that to this day. It’s why, as a Republican, I feel it’s necessary to vote him out of office—it’s your job to do your job well, and if you don’t, you’re fired. Nevertheless, it has occurred to me that perhaps he isn’t as accountable as myself and other Republicans like me believe he is. He has dealt with what has to be the least supportive, most politically-divisive group of congressional Republicans in modern history. They haven’t given him an inch, and have stated that their guiding principle since [i]day one[/i] of his term as President that he should not have a second! That sounds all well and good, but at least this guy is trying to get stuff done. Meanwhile, the Republicans in the legislative branches have done the equivalent of stomping their feet, holding their breath and refusing to get into the car seat! It’s petty, immature and probably at least halfway responsible for the stalled economic recovery we have right now. I’m all about responsibility, and if I’m going to say Obama hasn’t done enough, I have to also admit that the reason he hasn’t done enough is because he hasn’t been able to!

So, I look to the Republican nominee for president, the person who is supposed to take the reins from President Obama and right this ship. Gov. Romney says he has a plan to get us out of the pit that we are in. He says he has the pathway to 12 million new jobs, will cut taxes by 20% for everyone and close the mythical “loopholes” we always hear about in vague terms, but never actually see specifically presented. His economic plan is both vague and disastrous for the Middle Class. He refuses to give details on what loopholes he will cut in order to pay for decreasing taxes while increasing spending (and spending will increase because he's given no details of any spending he'd like to cut). Most experts agree that the only "loopholes" he can cut are the kind that will affect the middle class (especially middle class families). The fact that the math simply doesn’t work out with any of his various initiatives tells you all you need to know about the Mormon who would be president. Based on the only details he's provided, a Romney administration will not be beneficial for middle class tax brackets while wealthy taxes are decreased. I'm all for having all tax burdens decrease, but you have to actually cut spending—and yes, that means cutting the defense budget, and bringing reforms and even cuts to monolithic social welfare programs like Medicare and Social Security. But pretending that you can reduce tax revenues by anywhere from $5-7 trillion while also bringing us to a balanced budget and maintaining the social safety net that our country ought to provide is simply not possible. As President Clinton said in his address to the Democratic National Convention, “it’s arithmetic!”

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1351630009' post='2500477']
:cry4: <_<

I just don't see the hope all of you find in Obama...
[/quote]

which makes me wonder, how anyone can look at Romney nd see someone worth voting for.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1351653459' post='2500893']
which makes me wonder, how anyone can look at Romney nd see someone worth voting for.
[/quote]
I like his hair and stature. He just looks like a king.

Wait. :unsure:

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1351654160' post='2500904']
I like his hair and stature. He just looks like a king.

Wait. :unsure:
[/quote]

i lol'd. :hehe: