An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2013

Lil Red

[quote name='pen1' timestamp='1353560629' post='2514700']Draw for me please! Thank you[/quote]
you received two: Infant Jesus of Prague and St. Raphael. :)

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353812078' post='2516167']This is such a beautiful tradition! Could you please draw for me?

I'm a 21-year-old college student, discerning religious life, with quite a rocky relationship with my family (parents and siblings).
Also, my only living grandmother is very sick and refusing surgery (heart disease).
The issue that is currently pressing most heavily on my heart is the horror of abortion.

Thank you so much, Lil Red![/quote]
you received Ven. Pierre Toussaint :)

[quote name='Oremoose' timestamp='1353813510' post='2516171']I, a student 3rd of 11 kids one looking for purity/humility/the works for life (we all need them, guidance for me and my girlfriend, strength in faith as the noose of secularism tightens on our necks; This coming year I hope for another Saint to have my back to make a great man out of me!!![/quote]

Our Lady of Guadelupe :)

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1353873114' post='2516357']
you received Ven. Pierre Toussaint :)

[/quote]

OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS GOSH GOLLY!!!!

This is so weird. OH GOSH.

So, about 2 weeks ago, I was in NYC and I was let into the crypt at Saint Patrick's Basilica....AND GUESS WHO ELSE WAS THERE?!!?!

.....yeah, the dead [i](but alive!) [/i]Ven. Pierre Toussaint. ...........and I had never heard of him before..........I knelt in front of his tomb and prayed.......and now he wants to be my patron saint..................WHAT!???

Thank you SO MUCH. This is mind blowing.

ToJesusMyHeart

Oh, Lil Red, could you do me a big favor and draw [b]5[/b] more saints? :please:

They are for my roommates, and one for us all together as a household.

1) [b]Maria[/b]: She is graduating in May, and will be entering a post-bach graduate program to get her secondary education teacher certification. She loves France and speaks French fluently. She needs prayers for her father, who is acting sad lately.
2) [b]Shelby[/b]: She is also graduating in May, and will be doing mission work with a yet-to-be-determined missionary group. She needs prayers for her sick grandmother.
3) [b]Amber[/b]: She is a junior in college, studying math (poor thing....), who is currently preparing to renew her Marian consecration through de Montfort's writings. She needs prayers for her mother who has surgery tomorrow on her foot.
4) [b]Sharon[/b]: She is graduating this December 15th and is also doing the post-bach graduate secondary education teacher certification program. She needs prayers for her mother, who is ill.
5) [b]Our household[/b]: We are known as St. Gemma's Garden. We are 5 Catholic ladies living and studying together.

[b]***EDIT: Please specify which Saint is for each of them, and which is for the household.***[/b]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353900299' post='2516667']
OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS GOSH GOLLY!!!!

This is so weird. OH GOSH.

So, about 2 weeks ago, I was in NYC and I was let into the crypt at Saint Patrick's Basilica....AND GUESS WHO ELSE WAS THERE?!!?!

.....yeah, the dead [i](but alive!) [/i]Ven. Pierre Toussaint. ...........and I had never heard of him before..........I knelt in front of his tomb and prayed.......and now he wants to be my patron saint..................WHAT!???

Thank you SO MUCH. This is mind blowing.
[/quote]

i just got chills. :o that's the Holy Spirit! (or as someone else put it, the Trolly Spirit!!)

(i will draw the other saints tomorrow, if that's okay with you.)

Edited by Lil Red

ToJesusMyHeart

Yes that is perfect. Thank you so much, and YES THE HOLY SPIRIT IS SO CRAY CRAY. :P

I love that you got chills...if that's not too creepy. It's just cool that you see how freaky amesome it is. Pierre and me...meant to be....

Oooh... I love such things. Please "Holy Spirit Draw" for me... (you are welcome to visit my profile for a short blurb with your originally requested information) :bounce:

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1352149218' post='2504665']

:) i'll draw through the end of this calendar year.
[/quote]
Thank Goodness! I just saw this thread now and was thinking :paperbag: ~"Oops, is it too late?"

Please draw for me! I'm a new college student just getting in the swing of things. I'm the second middle child (5th of 8), I have no idea where my life is going, and I have been trying to figure out how to set about growing in faith. Single female without any clue about my vocation.

I'm so glad you are doing this! Thanks!

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353900903' post='2516679']
1) [b]Maria[/b]: She is graduating in May, and will be entering a post-bach graduate program to get her secondary education teacher certification. She loves France and speaks French fluently. She needs prayers for her father, who is acting sad lately.[/quote]
Our Lady of Lourdes

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353900903' post='2516679']2) [b]Shelby[/b]: She is also graduating in May, and will be doing mission work with a yet-to-be-determined missionary group. She needs prayers for her sick grandmother.[/quote]
Ven. Fulton Sheen

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353900903' post='2516679']3) [b]Amber[/b]: She is a junior in college, studying math (poor thing....), who is currently preparing to renew her Marian consecration through de Montfort's writings. She needs prayers for her mother who has surgery tomorrow on her foot.[/quote]
she received two. St. Nicholas of Flue was being "hugged" by St. Margaret Clitherow.

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353900903' post='2516679']4) [b]Sharon[/b]: She is graduating this December 15th and is also doing the post-bach graduate secondary education teacher certification program. She needs prayers for her mother, who is ill.[/quote]
St. Theophane Venard

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353900903' post='2516679']5) [b]Our household[/b]: We are known as St. Gemma's Garden. We are 5 Catholic ladies living and studying together.[/quote]
your household also received two: Bl. Miguel Pro, and St. Andre Bessette (he was hooked on my finger).

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1353909046' post='2516824']
Oooh... I love such things. Please "Holy Spirit Draw" for me... (you are welcome to visit my profile for a short blurb with your originally requested information) :bounce:
[/quote]

St. Edmund Campion :)

[quote name='Chrysophylax' timestamp='1354052318' post='2517865']
Thank Goodness! I just saw this thread now and was thinking :paperbag: ~"Oops, is it too late?"

Please draw for me! I'm a new college student just getting in the swing of things. I'm the second middle child (5th of 8), I have no idea where my life is going, and I have been trying to figure out how to set about growing in faith. Single female without any clue about my vocation.

I'm so glad you are doing this! Thanks!
[/quote]

St. John Neumann :)

[quote name='Chrysophylax' timestamp='1354054759' post='2517901']
Hee Hee. Thanks!
[/quote]

what's the hee hee all about? :)

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1354054588' post='2517896']
St. Edmund Campion :)
[/quote]

Oooh..... Jesuit for the Dominican inclined..... what is Jesus trying to say???....

.... or perhaps I just need a new Saint buddy!

Many thanks!!!!