An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Fly United!

i<3franciscans

i<3franciscans

[url="http://www.abbyjohnson.org/no-to-united-airlines-2/"]http://www.abbyjohnson.org/no-to-united-airlines-2/[/url]

I liked Southwest better anyway...

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1351909051' post='2503285']
[url="http://www.abbyjohnson.org/no-to-united-airlines-2/"]http://www.abbyjohns...ted-airlines-2/[/url]

I liked Southwest better anyway...
[/quote]

Southwest gives to PP and is a sponsor of gay pride events across the country....Keep on looking...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351917887' post='2503362']
Fly Oceanic Airlines. Just don't fly to Los Angeles from Australia on an Oceanic Airline flight.
[/quote]
:lol:

I pick the cheapest flight. That is basically end of story. Occasionally I will cough up an extra $20 in exchange for an easier transfer.

AccountDeleted

I'm sorry to hear about United but I have enough frequent flyer miles with them now to fly all the way back to England for free this next time. The way I look at it though, I won't be giving them any money - and I will be getting their services, so I think it's ok. Also, the flight I am looking at uses Thai Airways to get me there since United doesn't go via the Asia route (they are a Star Alliance partner).

It's getting harder to find companies that don't support PP or something else in one way or another. sigh

PhuturePriest

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1351918305' post='2503363']
:lol:
[/quote]

For World Youth Day my sister had to fly from Los Angeles to Australia, and the same thing on the way back. She was understandably nervous. :hehe:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351923208' post='2503383']

For World Youth Day my sister had to fly from Los Angeles to Australia, and the same thing on the way back. She was understandably nervous. :hehe:
[/quote]

When I was young I loved flying but as I have gotten older (and probably since 9/11) I really don't like it any more. I especially hate the turbulence in the Pacific ocean - so the Australia flight is always a trial. I am hoping that my frequent flyer miles will be enough to let me fly business class this time (hey, I'm going into a convent, may be the last time I ever get to fly business!) - on the International flights, most airlines now have a seat that reclines completely in business and first class. I could lie down, put in my earplugs and put on my face mask, and sleep the whole way - and maybe I wouldn't feel the turbulence too much?? Anyway, we'll see.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1351923404' post='2503384']
When I was young I loved flying but as I have gotten older (and probably since 9/11) I really don't like it any more. I especially hate the turbulence in the Pacific ocean - so the Australia flight is always a trial. I am hoping that my frequent flyer miles will be enough to let me fly business class this time (hey, I'm going into a convent, may be the last time I ever get to fly business!) - on the International flights, most airlines now have a seat that reclines completely in business and first class. I could lie down, put in my earplugs and put on my face mask, and sleep the whole way - and maybe I wouldn't feel the turbulence too much?? Anyway, we'll see.
[/quote]

I've never been on a flight, even though I really want to. I've been on a helicopter ride, but that's not as fun as riding in a airline, I don't think. Riding first class in a 757 sounds really nice.

Basilisa Marie

Too bad my budget forces me to go with the cheapest option.

Though I am opting to drive instead for a wedding next weekend. Dayton to Maryland, with a overnight pit stop in Steubenville because 8.5 hour drives by yourself are lame. Plenary Indulgence, awwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh.

But to be fair, though, it looks like it's not the company itself that is supporting Planned Parenthood, just their CEO. Although it may not be that big of a difference, it makes me feel better about cashing in all my Star Alliance frequent flier miles. :)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351923208' post='2503383']

[/quote]
As long as they just keep pushing the button, it's okay. ;)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351923755' post='2503387']

Riding first class in a 757 sounds really nice.
[/quote]

It is.

For a second, I did a double-take - the blogger's name is the same as the real life maiden name of a PM member that used to post here regularly,