An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Fly United!

i<3franciscans

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1351955583' post='2503460']
For a second, I did a double-take - the blogger's name is the same as the real life maiden name of a PM member that used to post here regularly,
[/quote]
I do the same double-take all the time. ;)

I'd only fly United as a last ditch effort. Aside from that link this year:

A friend was on a business trip, they never found his pilot after delaying his flight 6 hours because the pilot never showed. Eventually another had to be flown in.

My Department Chair and his wife were stranded in Chicago for 3 days due to a problem only United seemed to be having with running flights on time.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1351982485' post='2503618']
I'd only fly United as a last ditch effort. Aside from that link this year:

A friend was on a business trip, they never found his pilot after delaying his flight 6 hours because the pilot never showed. Eventually another had to be flown in.

My Department Chair and his wife were stranded in Chicago for 3 days due to a problem only United seemed to be having with running flights on time.
[/quote]

Yeah but did they get a recompense? When my United flight from SFO to Australia was cancelled (cargo door wouldn't close) - they offered us travel vouchers or frequent flyer miles. I chose 17,500 miles which means that I can now fly free to England when I go back. I think it was worth a night in SFO ariport.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1351982890' post='2503621']
Yeah but did they get a recompense? When my United flight from SFO to Australia was cancelled (cargo door wouldn't close) - they offered us travel vouchers or frequent flyer miles. I chose 17,500 miles which means that I can now fly free to England when I go back. I think it was worth a night in SFO ariport.
[/quote]

I don't believe in either case there was any sort of recompense offered like you got. Just being told to sit, wait, and be grateful to eventually get out of the airport. Amazing on the frequent flier miles you got though!

Yes, one should definitely fly singly. [img]http://futurepredictions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/flying.jpg[/img]

ed

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351923755' post='2503387']

I've never been on a flight, even though I really want to. I've been on a helicopter ride, but that's not as fun as riding in a airline, I don't think. Riding first class in a 757 sounds really nice.
[/quote]

How do you know if you've never been on an airplane? Choppers are way more fun!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352183608' post='2505050']
How do you know if you've never been on an airplane? Choppers are way more fun!
[/quote]

Being on a big airliner as I look out the window thousands of feet in the air going to some place fun like England is way preferable to me than riding in a helicopter where I could fall out the side. Also, plane crashes are way easier to survive than helicopter crashes. Helicopters are too touchy and the slightest thing on one of the blades could turn into a disaster.

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352187399' post='2505067']
If a plane or chopper starts to go down, you're prolly gonna die and should start saying your prayers!
[/quote]

Tell that to Sully.

[img]http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/brace-for-impact/images/brace-for-impact-bio-175.jpg[/img]