An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Set Back

Lil Red

saw this on facebook today:

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/21627_10151242998624577_1709859029_n.jpg[/img]

Is the joke about turning the clock back and oppressing women like before Roe v Wade freed women from the bondage of being breeding stock?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1351914298' post='2503324']
Is there a problem with 1962?
[/quote]

Clearly Bugnini wrote this one...

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351914539' post='2503327']
Is the joke about turning the clock back and oppressing women like before Roe v Wade freed women from the bondage of being breeding stock?
[/quote]

probably. i dunno. i think the person who posted it was trying to make a statement of Obama=future; Romney=the past

fun fact: Pope John XXIII excommunicated Fidel Castro in 1962.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351914539' post='2503327']
[/quote]
Yes, I think that's what we're supposed to get out of that... :rolleyes: She, and her two kids, look pretty happy to me, though.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351914772' post='2503332']

probably. i dunno. i think the person who posted it was trying to make a statement of Obama=future; Romney=the past
[/quote]it is what it means. I've seen it and had the discussion. Pro-abortionists are not evil monsters who hate babies. They're kind and loving friends, neighbors, and family who believe it is a right for protecting the dignity of women

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351915192' post='2503334']
it is what it means. I've seen it and had the discussion. Pro-abortionists are not evil monsters who hate babies. They're kind and loving friends, neighbors, and family who believe it is a right for protecting the dignity of women
[/quote]

:blink: uh....okay? i don't know where you got that i said that pro-abortionists are evil monsters who hate babies. ?? :unsure:

Roe v Wade was decided in 1973 when I was a teenager attending Catholic High School. Many Catholics applauded it then. I did too. My parents were old fashioned and didn't know science to get beyond their superstitious belief it was a person, not cellular growth.

homeschoolmom

I got my first piece of presidential campaign mail today. It's had a nice, white, middle-class woman on it who is saying, "Politicians and my employer should keep their hands off my birth control. It's my decision." :blink: Um... yeah... okay....

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351915387' post='2503336']

:blink: uh....okay? i don't know where you got that i said that pro-abortionists are evil monsters who hate babies. ?? :unsure:
[/quote]I was describing the people I like who shared that "joke" with me. I'm not an ass in analog life. :)

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351915748' post='2503343']
I was describing the people I like who shared that "joke" with me. I'm not an ass in analog life. :)
[/quote]

oh, okay :) i was just confused. :P

Plus I live in Tampa. I'm tired of the ten political calls everyday, a dozen political mailings everyday, and the constant radio and tv ads, 90/ attacking the opponent. Both sides aren't alternatively evil. They have different ideas of doing good. They all pretty much have the same intent.

Obama has made a few statements about Romney wanting to bring us back to the 1950s .. and he mentioned it in one of the debates :huh:

Edited by Chiquitunga