An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Set Back

Lil Red

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351915594' post='2503338']
Roe v Wade was decided in 1973 when I was a teenager attending Catholic High School. Many Catholics applauded it then. I did too. My parents were old fashioned and didn't know science to get beyond their superstitious belief it was a person, not cellular growth.
[/quote]

I beg your pardon? :huh:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351915594' post='2503338']
Roe v Wade was decided in 1973 when I was a teenager attending Catholic High School. Many Catholics applauded it then. I did too. My parents were old fashioned and didn't know science to get beyond their superstitious belief it was a person, not cellular growth.
[/quote]

Your parents sound very sensible. 'IT' is not just a cellular growth, nor is "IT' an 'IT'. A person is a person is a person ... and every fetus is a person, not an 'IT'. The cellular growth part of it is part of God's plan to 'be fruitful and multiply' and creation begins at conception. That's just the way it is.

Any pro-abortion stance is an anti-life one - even one taken by "... kind and loving friends, neighbors, and family ... "

Edited by nunsense

missionseeker

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351916467' post='2503352']
Plus I live in Tampa. I'm tired of the ten political calls everyday, a dozen political mailings everyday, and the constant radio and tv ads, 90/ attacking the opponent. Both sides aren't alternatively evil. They have different ideas of doing good. They all pretty much have the same intent.
[/quote]

I could send you postcards of you want. completely non political ones. lol.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1351921281' post='2503372']

Your parents sound very sensible. 'IT' is not just a cellular growth, nor is "IT' an 'IT'. A person is a person is a person ... and every fetus is a person, not an 'IT'. The cellular growth part of it is part of God's plan to 'be fruitful and multiply' and creation begins at conception. That's just the way it is.[/quote]My parents, like you, were/are right. I was wrong.

[quote]Any pro-abortion stance is an anti-life one - even one taken by "... kind and loving friends, neighbors, and family ... "
[/quote]Exactly.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1351921689' post='2503376']
Anomaly is being sarcastic I'm pretty sure :like:
[/quote]

Whew! So glad to hear it. The problem is I'm not good at sarcasm! :)

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1351916721' post='2503357']
Obama has made a few statements about Romney wanting to bring us back to the 1950s .. and he mentioned it in one of the debates :huh:
[/quote]

well, someone's bad at math, because 50 years is the 1960s, not 1950s! :hehe: silly people!

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351916467' post='2503352']
Plus I live in Tampa. I'm tired of the ten political calls everyday, a dozen political mailings everyday, and the constant radio and tv ads, 90/ attacking the opponent. Both sides aren't alternatively evil. They have different ideas of doing good. They all pretty much have the same intent.
[/quote]The one advantage to having no party affiliation is tha I don't get the mailings, except for our rep because I contact him. My husband is inundated with political mailings, though.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1351954352' post='2503449']
Time travel? Cool! Think of all the fun we can have with the stock market.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000150/"][b]Marty McFly[/b][/url]:Okay. Time circuit's on. Flux capacitor, fluxing. Engine running. All right.