An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Sparrow Has Flown

Aya Sophia

Know that I am praying for ALL of you on VS. I have posted my story on previous threads having felt called to religious life when I was younger, but dissuaded by my parents several times. Now that I'm a grandma 4 times over, my dream of religious life seems to be taking a life of it's own again. I was invited to become a Dame of Malta and my application for the Sovereign Order of Malta (you've seen Dames of Malta pushing malades at Lourdes - black capes with the Maltese cross in red) is now in the approval process. And yes, it IS a religious order. It's off to the Federal Association headquarters and then off to Rome. Now I finally feel at peace regarding the call to religious life I felt as a young woman.

My prayer list seems to grow by the day, but that's a good thing! At age 64, I feel "young again" as I've been walking with you via the Internet on your discernments journeys. May God bestow many graces on each and every one of you.

[quote name='Aya Sophia' timestamp='1351959323' post='2503478']
[b][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]I thank God for the ultimate clarity I had about leaving - I'm completely at peace about it and full of joy - joyful about all that has come to pass over the last year. Praise the Lord! Truly.[/size][/font][/b]
[/quote]

That is a wonderful gift from the Lord confirming your decision. Will be praying as you continue your journey, including the processing that occurs when you're out here in the world. (Hugs as well)

Blessings and peace.

Edited by cmariadiaz