An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Supports Anarchy?

dUSt

Well, Catholic anarchism does exist - look at Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Movement. I love her and the CWM is the closest thing I have to a home politically. I'd definitely wear an anarchist pro-life shirt, but it looks as though I won't be getting one, so I will settle for the Pontifex-approved design. :)

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1352073284' post='2504167']
Well, Catholic anarchism does exist - look at Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Movement. I love her and the CWM is the closest thing I have to a home politically. I'd definitely wear an anarchist pro-life shirt, but it looks as though I won't be getting one, so I will settle for the Pontifex-approved design. :)
[/quote]
I second and third Cat's recommendation of Jeffrey Tucker. :) Thomas Woods Jr. is also an epic guy. Traddy Catholic and anarcho-capitalist, like Tucker.

Basilisa Marie

Could you just change it to a lowercase A? That way you could keep the amesome shirt and it'd be obvious that it's an "@" sign.

missionseeker

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352073401' post='2504169']

I second and third Cat's recommendation of Jeffrey Tucker. :) Thomas Woods Jr. is also an epic guy. Traddy Catholic and anarcho-capitalist, like Tucker.
[/quote]

Tucker attends an NO parish. :|

:P

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352090923' post='2504333']
Tucker attends an NO parish. :|

:P
[/quote]
I know... nobody is perfect. :|
I appreciate the work he is doing in the music world though. You can tell that he really believes in what he is doing.

I wonder if we could somehow trick Mr. Tucker and Dr. Woods into a Novus Ordo / Traditional Mass debate. :|

missionseeker

He's doing things the right way. Baby steps. I mean he took a university Parrish ( where life teen was rampant ) and its one of the most musically sound churches in all of alabama. And somehow alabama became an epicenter of catholic musical reform. Haha

Anyway, he's in the top four people who most influenced my college major.

missionseeker

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352091178' post='2504337']

I know... nobody is perfect. :|
I appreciate the work he is doing in the music world though. You can tell that he really believes in what he is doing.

I wonder if we could somehow trick Mr. Tucker and Dr. Woods into a Novus Ordo / Traditional Mass debate. :|
[/quote]

Tucker would win because he is able to love and live and know them both. I think if you have one person who loves both forms of the mass ( which is really what should be.) and the other dead set against it (I mean woods drives three hours to another to state to go to mass) then you don't really have a debate.

Also tucker is more polite than woods. Maybe woods was tired or stressed the times I talked to him but he always just came off as rude to me. Lol. Tucker is always nice to me.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352091558' post='2504343']
Tucker would win because he is able to love and live and know them both. I think if you have one person who loves both forms of the mass ( which is really what should be.) and the other dead set against it (I mean woods drives three hours to another to state to go to mass) then you don't really have a debate.

Also tucker is more polite than woods. Maybe woods was tired or stressed the times I talked to him but he always just came off as rude to me. Lol. Tucker is always nice to me.
[/quote]
I am jealous that you have met them both.
I get the impression that these days Dr. Woods' interests are primarily economic and political, so at the end of the day it is not a debate he would likely be interested in having. In his videos he comes off as relatively friendly, so I will assume for the sake of my hero-worship that he is that way normally. :smile3: But Mr. Tucker comes off as incredibly vivacious and enthusiastic, and I bet he is a lot of fun to talk to.
From the videos I have watched from both of them, I like them both very much for different reasons. I just wish I could hear both of them talk about the Traditional Latin Mass more. <_< Because that is where [i]my[/i] primary interest is.

missionseeker

The funny thing is that I met them both at Mass oriented events. One was mass (EF) and one at a chant conference. For years I only knew mr. Tucker as a Catholic musician. Then I began to study political and economic stuff and found that he was also my hero there, too. Lol.

And it's just chance that I met them both. Lol.

I want to go down to Auburn someday and check out the Mises Institute. That would be pretty cool.
Or maybe someday I will be involved in church stuff such that I might meet either of them at some kind of conference. That would also be cool.
But first, I will probably have to move to the US. Not that I like you guys or anything. <_<

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352092935' post='2504352']
I want to go down to Auburn someday and check out the Mises Institute. That would be pretty cool.
Or maybe someday I will be involved in church stuff such that I might meet either of them at some kind of conference. That would also be cool.
But first, I will probably have to move to the US. Not that I like you guys or anything. <_<
[/quote]

Sorry charlie, we only take musicians or clowns from Canada. Maybe you could start out in the local comedy clubs and work up a routine first , unless you are good with a guitar ...

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1352093088' post='2504355']

Sorry charlie, we only take musicians or clowns from Canada. Maybe you could start out in the local comedy clubs and work up a routine first , unless you are good with a guitar ...

ed
[/quote]
You take a lot of actors too. You just are not always aware of it.
I actually do play guitar. I am somewhat out of practice right now though.