An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Keep Your Thermostat At In The Winter?

ardillacid

HisChildForever

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1352089410' post='2504311']
70. Anything lower I freeze. Shoot ... in Argentina I have no clue what the temp was but it took 5 wool blankets. So considering that 70 is about as cold as I can get (and I use a comforter and a heavy crochet blanket)
[/quote]

I'm the exact same.

Ours stays about 60 but we 'goose' the temp a bit for a few moments if it is just TOO cold. And I walk around in LAYERS of insulation.... And cuddle hotwater bottles.... and even with blankets and a totally unsexy hooded sweatsuit, I've been known to shiver in the bed because unlike Miles' house,we DON'T have insulation and we are on a concrete slab... with giant windows...

Flannel sheets are a proof of God's love and providence....

Brrrrrrrr.

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1352088776' post='2504299']

Not in the winter it isn't. Unless you live in Florida...
[/quote]Well, here in Florida, we don't open the windows during the day if its under 60. Too dang cold for that silliness. We all usually have electric heat which is expensive, do it has to be under 65 before we turn on heat, plus dry air is Very uncomfortable for us.

I grew up in a house where we turned it up to 60 when company was coming. :brr:

Now I live in an apt where heat is included in the rent, we usually keep it about 66 for awake at home hours, 60 at night and during weekdays. Except right now our heat stops working sporadically so I never know when we might have a cold snap. :angry: