An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Think?

Annie12

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1352181208' post='2505038']
Have you considered burning down the joint ?

ed
[/quote]

Or you can do that. "I didn't flunk out, my school burned down!"

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1352170609' post='2504964']

Have you considered the idea of attending community college or junior college for the first two years? Not only are they cheaper, but you get more support from teachers since the class size is not as large. Plus, they have tutors available at the library during the day.
[/quote]

Classes in Benedictine are not large at all. My sister's professors all knew her name and a lot about her on her graduation day. I think the classes they consider big there are thirty people, which is insignificant compared to colleges like Kansas University, where my friends tell me their professors can't even remember the students' names.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352183445' post='2505049']

Classes in Benedictine are not large at all. My sister's professors all knew her name and a lot about her on her graduation day. I think the classes they consider big there are thirty people, which is insignificant compared to colleges like Kansas University, where my friends tell me their professors can't even remember the students' names.
[/quote]

I know nothing about small Catholic colleges. That's good that they have smaller class sizes. I like the personal attention if you need assistance. :)

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1352169485' post='2504953']
well in my experience gpa can matter quite a bit. If there is a possibility of doing graduate, law or medical school for example it can be very important. And some employers actually sort resumes by gpa.
[/quote]

Oh my bad, maybe that's how it is now, when I graduated and applied for jobs they didn't care about your GPA. With jobs as scarce as they are, that would make sense.