An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just For Fun, What Order Do I Fit With?

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352509464' post='2507494']

Oh, I'm not saying it's [i]bad[/i] to finish high school or go to college. I'm saying it's a compatibility test, and compatibility goes beyond whether or not you meet requirements that you can easily meet or are meeting at the moment. That's what my problem with it is.
[/quote]

Yeah, Vision is definitely not perfect. I think it's meant to be a stepping stone or jumping off point than anything else. I did not like the orders that I matched to. When asked what prayer styles you are drawn to, I did not check the box marked "Lectio Divina" because I am not attracted to that style of prayer. I was matched to more Benedictine orders than anything else. The only orders of Benedictines I have ever felt attraction to were those who wore the habit like Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles. It's not just because of their habit either. ;)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1352509927' post='2507498']

Yeah, Vision is definitely not perfect. I think it's meant to be a stepping stone or jumping off point than anything else. I did not like the orders that I matched to. When asked what prayer styles you are drawn to, I did not check the box marked "Lectio Divina" because I am not attracted to that style of prayer. I was matched to more Benedictine orders than anything else. The only orders of Benedictines I have ever felt attraction to were those who wore the habit like Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles. It's not just because of their habit either. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah. When I took the VISION test I had to lie on a few questions just so I could have results (When you say you haven't finished high school yet all of them disappear except one or two, regardless of your compatibility with them), and even when I did have results I didn't like them.

I did the questionnaire just out of curiosity and it came up with Benedictines of Perpetual Adoration.

I am not sure what that says, about me, about the questionnaire or about anything in particular!

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1352567506' post='2507782']
I did the questionnaire just out of curiosity and it came up with Benedictines of Perpetual Adoration.

I am not sure what that says, about me, about the questionnaire or about anything in particular!
[/quote]

They've been on mine several times. I was curious about them at one point in my discernment but never contacted them. I just am not attracted to the Benedictine charism all that much except orders like Benedictines of Mary or Regina Laudis Abbey. Even then, I do not feel attracted to the monastic life of a Benedictine.

[quote][color=#282828][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]Even then, I do not feel attracted to the monastic life of a Benedictine.[/font][/color][/quote]

Yes, I visited several communities when I was discerning, and though I love the simplicity and the chant, I couldn't deal easily with their charism of hospitality.

My job deals with the public, my customer service skills are excellent...thus I play well with others! So...I would take a greeter or parlor postion in a community in a heart beat. Would love a Benedictine community with a hospitality charism, because I dont have anything else to bring to a communitie's table (so to speak) that would benefit them. We should start a thread for fun asking everyone if they could put together (start) a hypothecial community of there choosing...no holds bar...what would you call it, and what would it all consist of?? That would be a fun one to read!!:)

DiscerningCatholic

I either got non-habit-wearing orders (habits are VERY important to me) or I got no results at all because I'm 16 years old.

Well it works the other way to! Because of my age group..I got non habit-wearing orders(meaning consisted of nuns/sisters that were a tad older than you in the 1960's) or very very few that accepted belated/mature/late discerners.I wouldnt mind the latter....except habits are a important part of it for me as well.