An Old School Catholic Message Board

Big News For Phatmass

Maximilianus

I'm the baby from the Dinosaurs TV Show (I'm pretty sure that's owned by disney since Disney owns ABC, the network it was on) "Not the mama!"

[quote name='Tony' timestamp='1352699117' post='2508499']
I'm the baby from the Dinosaurs TV Show (I'm pretty sure that's owned by disney since Disney owns ABC, the network it was on) "Not the mama!"
[/quote]
Apparently I really liked that show when I was little. I hardly remember it now.

I want to be Bambi's father, the Great Prince of the forest.

On a side note I seen that movie as a 5 year old child. The part where Bambi's mother was killed literally reduced me to tears, I had never entertained the thought that ones mother could die. It was a traumatic experience for me and I never wanted to see the movie again. Looking back on it I wonder what Disney's obsession with killing parents off or orphaned children with mean stepmothers was about, I wonder if he suffered a bad childhood.

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1352699772' post='2508502']
I want to be Bambi's father, the Great Prince of the forest.

On a side note I seen that movie as a 5 year old child. The part where Bambi's mother was killed literally reduced me to tears, I had never entertained the thought that ones mother could die. It was a traumatic experience for me and I never wanted to see the movie again. Looking back on it I wonder what Disney's obsession with killing parents off or orphaned children with mean stepmothers was about, I wonder if he suffered a bad childhood.

ed
[/quote]
Disney has a long, dark history of very bad parenting examples, or else dead parents. Often both. :P There have been many, many words written on the subject. Some critical of it, some analyzing it within its broader context. I am not particularly inclined to look at it in a negative light.

I believe I had the same reaction when I was taken to see The Lion King as a very little kid. If I am remembering the story correctly, my grandparents took me, but I was so traumatized by Mufasa dying that they had to take me home. :P

I don't know what you're talking about, Dopey is tight!

I'd have to be Alice in Wonderland cuz I have some pretty radical dreams.

I cried too Ed... Bambi's mama dying was depressing!

St. Paul Street Evangelization has Darth Vader reserved:

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/599395_251174684999668_2051458114_n.jpg[/img]

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1352714466' post='2508538']
I call simba.
[/quote]

Why aren't you Tigger? And why don't you put Tigger in your avatars anymore??? <sigh>

Anyone who's been around phatmass for years knows that I'm Mrs. Incredible/Elastigirl. ;)