An Old School Catholic Message Board

Big News For Phatmass

Maximilianus

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352834243' post='2509294']

It's okay. :) I stutter when I'm really nervous, and a name like Hannah would be particularly terrible for me. My stuttering has been really good recently, though. The more confidence I have the better I am about it.
[/quote]
I stuttered when I was younger. (6 to about 16)... my Dad, one day, handed me a piece of paper and had me read it to him..but he had me whisper it. (i had issues with r's, s's, ck's, m's and h's.. i mean i had issues everywhere, but specifically with those sounds..or those starting sounds) When i whispered, I didn't stutter...or certainly not as much. It was very odd...almost like freaky odd... I used to practice by whispering, and then got louder. Took some speech classes and such... I was never certain if it just went away, or if all the speech and practicing was the reason; but it did subside rather quickly right around when I got my driver's license....like a weight lifted off my mind...the frustration of WANTING to say something, KNOWING what you want to say; only to be hindered by something that shouldn't hinder you, was rather maddening.

I will stammer a little bit here and there, but I have learned to play it off (extend sounds has helped the most..so instead of "re-re-re-remove"... it's "reeeemove") where most people don't notice. I still tell myself not to stutter a lot. I think I notice it way way more than others do. Most people say that would never have thought I had an impediment. The weird thing, being hyper sensitive to it, I can pick it up in others...

I guess I am trying to be nice and tell you not to worry about it, FP.. it will pass in due time...not sure if you go to speech or not; but I would be happy to give you some ideas that have helped me.

now, no one can shut me up... I just say i'm catching up for lost time.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1352832090' post='2509274']
Hannah is a palindrome. Hannah is a palindrome. :P
[/quote]you beat me to it!

Now that Disney owns Star Wars, I think FP should be Jar Jar Binks

:|

Wait... no that fate is too cruel for ANY phatmasser... I guess he can be Hannah Montana instead.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1352840091' post='2509342']
I stuttered when I was younger. (6 to about 16)... my Dad, one day, handed me a piece of paper and had me read it to him..but he had me whisper it. (i had issues with r's, s's, ck's, m's and h's.. i mean i had issues everywhere, but specifically with those sounds..or those starting sounds) When i whispered, I didn't stutter...or certainly not as much. It was very odd...almost like freaky odd... I used to practice by whispering, and then got louder. Took some speech classes and such... I was never certain if it just went away, or if all the speech and practicing was the reason; but it did subside rather quickly right around when I got my driver's license....like a weight lifted off my mind...the frustration of WANTING to say something, KNOWING what you want to say; only to be hindered by something that shouldn't hinder you, was rather maddening.

I will stammer a little bit here and there, but I have learned to play it off (extend sounds has helped the most..so instead of "re-re-re-remove"... it's "reeeemove") where most people don't notice. I still tell myself not to stutter a lot. I think I notice it way way more than others do. Most people say that would never have thought I had an impediment. The weird thing, being hyper sensitive to it, I can pick it up in others...

I guess I am trying to be nice and tell you not to worry about it, FP.. it will pass in due time...not sure if you go to speech or not; but I would be happy to give you some ideas that have helped me.

now, no one can shut me up... I just say i'm catching up for lost time.
[/quote]

I'm the same way. I don't stutter if I whisper. I took some classes for a few years, which did help, but now I no longer take them. I don't think she could have helped me any more anyway.

And yes, that is very frustrating. I always have something to say, but I rarely talk to other people so they always think I am quiet. Any ideas would be amesome.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1352753038' post='2508689']
Too bad Rapunzel is already taken though because "Tangled" is, by far, my most favorite Disney movie, ever. Maybe I should change to Pascal? I love that little chameleon!

[img]http://www.furrytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Pascal.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I honestly thought that Rapunzel was taken already. I guess I misunderstood Nihil. Thus, I am and always will be Rapunzel. ;)

I love "Tangled" so much. It's my absolute favorite Disney movie. I watched it again this weekend and laughed so hard! I even bought a pin of Rapunzel when I went to Disney World last year. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352833402' post='2509287']

I can't say that name. Trying to say a name like that with an "H" noise at the beginning would be really difficult for me to say.
[/quote]
Try it backwards. Ahr-anna-HHH.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I stutter AND whisper. The stuttering isn't as bad as it used to be, but it's still embarrassing sometimes.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1352842508' post='2509374']
I honestly thought that Rapunzel was taken already. I guess I misunderstood Nihil. Thus, I am and always will be Rapunzel. ;)
[/quote]

That is a small issue if I am Flynn Rider. :|
Lulz.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352843432' post='2509390']
That is a small issue if I am Flynn Rider. :|
Lulz.
[/quote]

LOL, whatcha tryin' to say? :hehe:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1352843808' post='2509400']

LOL, whatcha tryin' to say? :hehe:
[/quote]
That Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel's wedding is already planned and booked. :evil:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352844182' post='2509409']
Alright, I gave in and changed my flippin' avatar.
[/quote]
I took you for more of a Taylor Swift guy, to be honest.