An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Killls More, War Or Abortion

hermit

First I want to thank everybody who posted on this thread... As for the topic I posted, my co worker was astounded by the numbers on both sides, and we agreed to disagree on this point...
His next arguement was " how can you say that a woman who gets an abortion is wrong when its legal by law'.. To which I responded, "How can the drunk driver who kills a woman and her unborn child be charged with two counts of murder"... It has to be one way or the other...
It seems to me that there is a double standard here, how can you have justified murder on one side and flat out murder on the other...Sorry this stuff just really makes me question the age we live in...

[quote name='hermit' timestamp='1352940622' post='2510120']
...Sorry this stuff just really makes me question the age we live in...
[/quote]

There's nothing to question. We live squarely in an age of pagan barbarism. Everyone wears suits and uses cellphones instead of lion cloths and sabers. Think of what it must have been like for the original apostles, or ancient jews. It's no different really. The world is absolutely messed up, filled with people who have no idea what they are doing, but need Jesus.

I find it much easier to deal with the current culture if I stop thinking "people should know all of this already" when it comes to issues like abortion.

[quote name='Sirklawd' timestamp='1352987170' post='2510487']
There's nothing to question. We live squarely in an age of pagan barbarism. Everyone wears suits and uses cellphones instead of lion cloths and sabers. Think of what it must have been like for the original apostles, or ancient jews. It's no different really. The world is absolutely messed up, filled with people who have no idea what they are doing, but need Jesus.

I find it much easier to deal with the current culture if I stop thinking "people should know all of this already" when it comes to issues like abortion.
[/quote]
Your right history has repeated itself many times and if we don't get it yet we've missed the the boat...
[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1352999470' post='2510592']
Numbers and rates of induced abortions worldwide:
[url="http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_IAW.html"]http://www.guttmache...ubs/fb_IAW.html[/url]
[/quote]
Thanks these are the numbers I need and their worse than I thought...