An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Talk Carmelites!

the171

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1353099474' post='2511427']

I believe you mean "Dum Dums".

[img]http://mlblogsmartelli.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/gazoo.jpg?w=242&h=241[/img]
[/quote]

:stubborn:

:getaclue:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1353121105' post='2511582']
:stubborn:

:getaclue:
[/quote]

Your fault. You set me up for it, plus you used absolutely dreadful grammar and spelling, so it only adds to the need of using Gazoo in that situation.

DiscerningCatholic

And I feel like this has become more of an "insult the Dominicans" thread. Maybe that's just me, but calling religious orders names is not something that I have stooped so low to doing. Even doing it in good humor can be offensive. I'm fine with the banter of "My order is better than yours, nah nah nah-nah nah" kind of thing, but calling Dominicans lazy and Dum-Dums is downright offensive. I'm all fine and good with having a favorite order, but putting another order down with straight up insults is not okay with me. I haven't done that to any other order and don't plan to, so please don't do it to the Dominicans. (And if another order was being called lazy or dumb, I'd still be saying this.) Name calling, even if it is not meant as a joke, is not okay.

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

[b]Phat[/b] means:

Preaching Holy Apostolic Truth

Dominicans are all about Preaching, Dominicans are all about holy, Dominicans are all about Apostolic, and Dominicans are all about Truth.

Face it: Phatmass is all about Dominicans

Mary's Margaret

Very clever, Lil'Mon. Thanks for the smile at the end of my day. (and although I'm a Carmelite, I think Dominicans are amesome as are the Franciscans, and the Visitation, and the Benedictines, and...and...and..)

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1353121485' post='2511594']
And I feel like this has become more of an "insult the Dominicans" thread. Maybe that's just me, but calling religious orders names is not something that I have stooped so low to doing. Even doing it in good humor can be offensive. I'm fine with the banter of "My order is better than yours, nah nah nah-nah nah" kind of thing, but calling Dominicans lazy and Dum-Dums is downright offensive. I'm all fine and good with having a favorite order, but putting another order down with straight up insults is not okay with me. I haven't done that to any other order and don't plan to, so please don't do it to the Dominicans. (And if another order was being called lazy or dumb, I'd still be saying this.) Name calling, even if it is not meant as a joke, is not okay.
[/quote]

You do not have a cloistered vocation. :P It's okay though, I understand where you're coming from. I know one time my friends started making fun of the Roswell PCCs and how they talked (it's just the joy seeping through-like your Sister Veronica Marie on Life On the Rock!) and I was ready to draw my sword. It's all in good fun, and ultimately we are just one large Catholic phamily!

Edited by emmaberry101

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1353140467' post='2511748']
You do not have a cloistered vocation. :P
[/quote]

Dat's what I've been saying!!! :|

I just tell aquinas he's rotund, no way Id call him dumb!!! Even though at the end of his life he said all he wrote was straw I think his Eucharistic hymns are the best bundle of straw

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1353163697' post='2511792']
lol dominicans are dum dums?

Tell that to Aquinas!!!!!
[/quote]

Or call him a dumb ox- I dare ya ;)

Oh and the penitential part made me think of this piece I saw
[img]http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/1x9666470/.jpg[/img]
One of the most beautiful pieces at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC in the European section. The lighting contrast is exceptional. The look on his face is thought provoking.

Got St Franny love to. also from the MET
[img]http://images.metmuseum.org/CRDImages/ep/web-large/DP104367.jpg[/img]

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1353121485' post='2511594']
[/quote]

DC, it is all in good fun.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1353209007' post='2512140']
Even in good fun, it can come off as insulting.
[/quote]

Dude, the title of the thread is "Let's Talk Carmelites!" and everything competitive or whatever is said in a joking manner. No need to get your panties in a wad.

DiscerningCatholic

Says the girl with "Dominicans Rule" as her signature... :P Whatever.

Anyway...how did St. Francis end up in here, too?? :|

Guys, we could seriously have our own show..."Nun Wars."

:|

Edited by DiscerningCatholic