An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ladies, Get Dressed Up!

the171

the171, if you're looking for how to cover acne there's an awesome girl on YouTube who has like super bad acne and does loads of videos on good foundation and concealer and tips and stuff if you want to check out her channel.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I need to buy different acne treatment... I get allergic reactions to like everything and the hippie dippy natural stuff makes it worse...

I need to buy different acne treatment... I get allergic reactions to like everything and the hippie dippy natural stuff makes it worse...

Ugh I have the same problems. I am allergic to everything. My skin is super sensitive and stuff I bought in stores always had tea tree oil and other stuff that my skin just can't cope with. Eventually my doctor gave me some prescription stuff and it is literally the best thing ever. I've used it for like four years now. 

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Ugh I have the same problems. I am allergic to everything. My skin is super sensitive and stuff I bought in stores always had tea tree oil and other stuff that my skin just can't cope with. Eventually my doctor gave me some prescription stuff and it is literally the best thing ever. I've used it for like four years now. 

I'm looking into buying the proactiv stuff. Hopefully I'm not allergic to that...

The facewash I use now gives me chemical burn like one a week. :|

Basilisa Marie

Proactiv has benzoyl peroxide.  Are you allergic to that or salicylic acid? 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Proactiv has benzoyl peroxide.  Are you allergic to that or salicylic acid? 

I don't know... That's part of the problem.

Basilisa Marie

Well, if it were me, I'd try using a low-concentration of a product with one kind of active ingredient for a week, then another, to see what happens.  

LadyOfSorrows

I'm looking into buying the proactiv stuff. Hopefully I'm not allergic to that...

The facewash I use now gives me chemical burn like one a week. :|

The Clinique Three-Step system was the only thing that helped me. That and limiting sugar and junk food. What appears on your skin can be a reflection of what you take in nutritionally.

Also, if you go out and buy an Aloe stalk (don't buy the aloe in the bottle) and cut it open and smooth it onto your face before you fall asleep, it will significantly calm the skin. I still do it even though I don't break out as much.

I don't know... That's part of the problem.

I started keeping a journal of EVERYTHING I put on my skin. Shampoo, face wash, make-up, moisturiser, even the things I eat go in the journal. I also record how my skin is that day, any allergies or spots or reactions. It sounds like a lot more hassle than it is, I made up a table and keep it taped to the back of my door. I can look back at the journal and see if a pattern shows up, if any particular foods or products seem to be linked to reactions. It's not perfect, but it can help you figure out what you're sensitive to. 

Oh and what I use is erthromycin. I don't know if you can get it without a prescription or whatever, but it's been great for me. 

Edited by EmilyAnn

FutureCarmeliteClaire

My AC at theater today brought me a dress that didn't fit her. Super gorgeous. I'll post a pic tomorrow. :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

One of my favorite outfits. All from Target.

JChlGWQ.jpg

A theater outfit. All black. Random stuff I have collected over the years.

DBHiPex.jpg

Last but not least, the dress I wore to my formal. :) Got it on Amazon from overseas. Wore different shoes, though.

ipKyLL5.jpg