An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ladies, Get Dressed Up!

the171

ToJesusMyHeart

Gaudete Sunday Mass outfit: Long floor-length skirt, paired with a dark mauve blouse and a sweater. Shoe-wear not included in the photo, but I'm wearing black stockings with black flats. :)

"Gaudete in Domino semper!"

gaudate.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=137402&

ChristinaTherese

Here's what I wore to Mass today:

Veil_2.jpg

A flannel dress that my mom and/or I made years ago, and basic black socks and shoes. Oh, and a white cotton veil that I made on Thursday and Friday.

Here's a close up of the veil from the front:

Veil_3.jpg

Here's a closeup of the veil from the back:

Veil_1.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures.... I didn't want to/couldn't ask anyone else to take pictures for me, so I was stuck with the phone camera.

ToJesusMyHeart

Wow, Christina Terese! Those are some impressive sewing projects! I wish I knew how to sew. How long did it take you to learn to sew that veil?

ChristinaTherese
Wow, Christina Terese! Those are some impressive sewing projects! I wish I knew how to sew. How long did it take you to learn to sew that veil?

I've been sewing since I was a little girl, so I just had to get a bit creative and figure out how to cut and adjust the veil. With that, and having to sew it all by hand because the sewing machine decided to have issues, it took me about 1.5 days. But, I've been sewing for a long time, so learning to sew that has taken years. (I couldn't sew something like that when I was four! :child:) It really isn't hard though, if you had a pattern and someone to help, I'm sure you could learn easily.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

What I'm getting with Christmas money...

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Dress-Floral-White-Black/dp/B006ZKD0LA/ref=sr_1_70?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1356548948&sr=1-70&keywords=retro+dress

And I'm also getting a pretty black ruffle-y bolero because the dress is cap sleeved and I have fat arms and a nasty scar. ;)

What I'm getting with Christmas money...

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Dress-Floral-White-Black/dp/B006ZKD0LA/ref=sr_1_70?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1356548948&sr=1-70&keywords=retro+dress

And I'm also getting a pretty black ruffle-y bolero because the dress is cap sleeved and I have fat arms and a nasty scar. ;)

Oh that's so cute! I bet you're gonna look gorgeous in it. 

And don't worry about the scar. I have hideous scars and after a while I just stopped caring. 

FutureCarmeliteClaire
Oh that's so cute! I bet you're gonna look gorgeous in it. 

And don't worry about the scar. I have hideous scars and after a while I just stopped caring. 

Thanks! I'll post a picture when I get it. :)

Yeah, I'm sure I will, I'm just self-conscious of it as I just got it. Unfortunately, I have another small procedure on Monday, and I have no clue where the scar will be. Whatever. Lol ;)

DiscerningCatholic

tumblr_mfrvmqGoPB1qiu3jko2_1280.jpg

New shirt...

tumblr_mfrvmqGoPB1qiu3jko1_1280.jpg

The skirt that I've been told makes me look like a DSMME postulant... :nun:

tumblr_mfrvmqGoPB1qiu3jko4_1280.jpg

New veil! Sorry...the pics are huge. :stars: