An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady Of The Angels Monastery

nikita92

Don't mean to hijack, but I've never heard of the Canonesses in the Lord Jesus. Do they have a website?  

The name of their community is Sisters in Jesus the Lord.  If you would like more information, please PM me :)

Allie

• 3 weeks later...

So many have left.  I've followed them from almost the onset when they came on EWTN and were visible and a part of the family.   It makes me wonder what they do when they've been there for literally years and then leave.  It must be difficult to just one day find yourself out in the world after being in such a protected environment for so long.  Sr. Marie Michelle must have been there for 15+ years...what in the world does one do after being away from the hustle-bustle of the world for years.  It must be an incredible adjustment.  I can't help but think that if Mother Angelica is aware of all the changes and decreased numbers in her daughters, that it must sadden her.  There must have been some very painful happenings behind those walls.  They went from literally running out of room to what they are today.

Don't forget that many or several at least have entered other religious communities. I know of/have heard of three of these, besides the new community their former Mother Vicaress founded in Italy, http://www.benedictinesofdivinewill.org/

edit: okay, this was already discussed here and down http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/125538-our-lady-of-the-angels-monastery/?p=2518662

but the three I know of were not these already mentioned with their respective communities... one entered an active community (maybe I won't say, but it's good, very good!!) and the two others cloistered (Benedictine & Carmelite - not 100% sure they are still there or not)

p.s. btw, I'm happy to hear one entered the Handmaids of the Precious Blood, beautiful community! http://www.nunsforpriests.org/

Edited by Chiquitunga

When I was down in Charlotte, I asked how Mother Angelica was doing as Fr. Joseph, Bro.Leo, Sr .Imelda, and some other Brothers (whose names I can't recall.) were there for the Solemn Profession.  They said she's about the same and that one Sister is with her at all times, night and day.  Also, Mother D.M. was saying that yes, they were to be perpetual adorers, but it was difficult to get new vocations as they really didn't have anywhere to put the postulants in their current monastery which is an old convent converted for their use. She longs for the day when there are enough Sisters again to make it a reality.

By the way, the Benedictine Daughter of Divine Will just welcomed a postulant from Italy, and one from the States will be joining them in February.  They are here in the States right now getting their religious visas renewed.  I correspond with them and they are super excited about the new entrants. 

• 2 years later...